Menu
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Customer Service

Hello everyone this is not a survey this is well within the guidelines, I myself have had no bad experiences with customer services at Virgin but I do see many users angry at them and wondered simply why this was? I want Virgin Media to reply since You used to have award winning customer service and wondered what the change was? Do you think being cut off is acceptable? 

0 Kudos
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Customer Service

I'm not staff, but I dare say there's a certain logic in play here where if 100 people deal with VM's customer service team in any given day and 1 of them receives unsatisfactory service, it's that one person who will talk about it on the forum and be heard by everyone - not the 99 satisfied ones.

Luckily I've never had any need for their assistance between upgrades in my 8 or 9 years with them but I've never found too much to grumble about to any serious degree - they're not a perfect mobile network (no 4G, outdated phones on offer sometimes at mid-low price ranges) but I've always found their customer service to be OK.  UK based staff/call centres are always preferable to oversees ones, but I've experience the latter more specifically with the Broadband/TV part of the business rather than mobile.

The number of people seemingly suddenly failing credit checks is a concern for me though - but again you're not seeing all the people on here who don't fail them.

0 Kudos
Justinuk73
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm reasonably lucky in that my customer service experience hasn't been diabolical. that's to say, it's not be that impressive really either.

The beginning of this year was the worst one when they kept insisting on that it was right to charge me double, although they said it was the case. It was bill realignment nonsense. When I spoke to the last about this issue and stated the date my direct debit is taken out and the refresher date, that changed their mind and correct the "fault".

I find that English pretty good actually yet the tone of voice and the way they speak to you a bit disturbing. The times some of the lady over exaggerate my name. One example, when being put through to the faults dept for a faulty phone, the lady tell me she's putting my through or, "putting you through Justiiiiiiiiin". Ok, worrying, very worrying.

Customer service of me has been OK but, not very professional and for me it's more of a confidence thing. That is, they'll cokc up one. It's going to happen to me but, when, not if!! While things seem ok for me, I'm expecting a disaster down to my lack of confidence in the whole thing based on my experience with them. They don come across as a bit clueless to be honest.

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having seen this forum I have not seen may people in favour of Virgin Mobile customer service so how that can be 99 people satisfied is beyond me more like 99 who do not like the way they have been treated and the 1 satisfied would be more realistic 

0 Kudos
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

But the feedback on a forum like this isn't taken as a census of all Virgin Mobile customers.  It's not even a representative sample of their customers.

The vast majority of people come on a service provider's forum like this to either get support with a problem they're having with the product/service, or to complain about the service they've received - not to praise the company for an especially brilliant bit for customer service, or to say that the service was simply OK and they have no real reason to grumble.

As you'd expect too, not all of the complaints are really even the company's fault.  For example:

• Someone buying their son/daughter a smartphone on contract, who then runs up a £200 bill.
  • Missing your payments and having your services withheld as a consequence.

Even the credit checks fails that I mentioned earlier - it does happen.  I failed a check with Vodafone 8 years or so ago after being promised some amazing deal where they'd pay off my remaining contract with Virgin and sign me up with them (offered by Phones 4 U).

Granted, there do seem to be a lot of them recently (purely based on the forum posts) which does beg a bit of a question, but with the top end phones getting seemingly more expensive (£768 for a 64GB iPhone 6 - excluding the airtime bundle), perhaps they just think they're being more careful in making sure they're happy that people can/will pay it- and maybe it is backfiring a bit.

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have other sources including a survey I did although VM did not like it and deleted the post the survey went on Twitter and other places and so far Virgin Mobile has got the thumbs down almost all those so far who took the survey said they thought VM customer services were poor, I do not agree this forum should be about complaints as its a forum it should be about everything to do with Mobiles and VM so far I do not see any positive posts about the MVNO well up to now! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well if you want an objective view of Virgin Mobile's "customer service" satisfaction, you can do a lot better than a poll drawn from a forum of people who have decided to write because they don't want to talk, and run by someone who has their own issues with the service.

A good start would be OFCOM's survey.

Virgin is only beaten by O2 in terms of customer service satisfaction in the most recent survey, and is the only carrier to manage an increase in customer service satisfaction since the previous survey.

It will be of no comfort to any readers who have an ongoing or recent issue to find that they are the exception.