Menu
EvaSharon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile 4G

Why is virgin mobile 4G described as Virgin LTE in the top left hand side of the screen. Research on the internet says 4G and LTE are not the same thing. Anyone know any more?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile 4G

I think you don't get 4G until your next billing cycle

0 Kudos
EvaSharon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes that's right. The new billing cycle started today so even more misleading
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Most people prefer 4g shown because it sounds better and the trend is that all carriers will eventually show as 4g.

But to be technically correct, they all should show as LTE, as that is what all the 4g signals are in the UK.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi EvaSharon, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

I understand looking around on the internet in aid of your question can return multiple results and can be a bit confusing (as I just found out for myself) but as far as I am aware on the Virgin network there will be no difference in performance regardless as to whether you see LTE or 4G. Some devices used on our network display LTE (My colleagues Iphone for example) whilst my Samsung S7 edge shows as 4G yet we are using the same mobile network and packages so the performance will be the same. 

It sounds like you have done your research yourself and like @teabag mentioned it may be down to the correct terminology but as mentioned the performance should be the same regardless on our network. 

Hope this helps

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos