Menu
leemansfield
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile 4G

I understand that Virgin Mobile currently provides a 4G service to its corporate customers but not to its private customers, why is this and when will 4G be rolled out to private customers?

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Mobile 4G

I'm afraid people have been asking that for some time. The mods on here are not supplied with that sort of information. 

I may be wrong but I would say not till Virgin renegotiate their MVNO contract, and that might not be with EE

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm afraid people have been asking that for some time. The mods on here are not supplied with that sort of information. 

I may be wrong but I would say not till Virgin renegotiate their MVNO contract, and that might not be with EE

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The lack of 4G and the fact they conned me into calling them so they could tell me my package was being reduced is exactly the reason from tomorrow I will be with EE.
In the long run I may be paying more after year 1 but they may appreciate my business more then Virgin did.
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

God help you if you think your going to be better of with EE, They are one big messed up network and they do not have the best signal!, They do not have best customer service in fact its right at the bottom, I even think there range of handsets and the costs of taking out a contract is slightly higher than other networks so they do not offer value for money.

0 Kudos
south74
Just joined
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Definitely don't go to Three.co.uk! I have been testing it with one of their free 4G sims... the 4G coverage is pants and they don't have visual voicemail.
I'd be happy to stay with Virgin if they provided visual voicemail and 4G... but it seems that they are stuck in the dark ages.
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It does start to look a bit embarrasing when Virgin are (I think?) pretty much now the only big name network not to have 4G!Smiley Surprised

I'm having a bit of a dilemma at the moment, in a a very first-world-problem way.  Contract ends in 2 months time and I can't decide whether to:

1) Keep the unlocked Moto G 2 I bough in January (as contract phone was awful) and go SIM only with Virgin.

2) Take out a new contract to buy either the 4G version of it or the 3rd gen model on a contract with a 4G provider.

3) Spend a few quid more than I am now and get a Harrier on EE.

Virgin's SIM only costs are very good, but it doesn't seem worth taking out a new 24 month deal with them, taking a 4G enabled phone as most are now, but being restricted to 3G.

The best deal on a newer Moto G seems to be with Carphone Warehouse's ID network, but they use the Three network which I know has poor reception in my house, as I have one of their PAYG SIMs for when I run out of data on my current package.  Dual SIM is great for that! Smiley Very Happy

EE just seem that little bit more unnecessarily expensive than other networks for a 1GB/month contract.

Decisions decisions...

ChrisPat
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Switch to GiffGaff runs on Telefonica O2 network - coverage better on 3G than EE
Would love an iPhone 6 but what's the point Virgin if your not running 4G LTE?
dcweather
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

According to a number of independent reviews EE have the best coverage and the fastest 4G in  the UK.

0 Kudos
leemansfield
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just a shame that Virgin isn't using it for their personal customers really.
Shows how much they care if you ask me!
0 Kudos
Talon
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

After a visit to my local virgin store I recently to see if there was an update on 4 g I came away not really non the wiser. 1 assitant said yes later in the year another who was passing and overheard our convo said nothing was happening. What i did get from reading between the lines and may not be true so dont quote me was that there may be a new provider later in the year ( EE at the moment) and so that may be what they are waiting for before thay can offer a 4 g service. watch this space but dont hold your breath Smiley Happy

0 Kudos