Menu
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile 118 and 08 numbers

I would like to know if 118180 and 118878 are included in Virgin Mobile pay monthly plans still. One time I saw that calls to these numbers are free unless you let them connect the call.

The service is still inclusive on the landline service.

Also, my plan includes 08 numbers, I know 0500,0845 and 0870 numbers are included but what about 0843,0844 and 0871 numbers? Are these part of the 08 allowance? Its not very clear on the tariff guide and terms and conditions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile 118 and 08 numbers

Hi nick_london,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum.

Directory Enquiry calls on a Virgin Mobile are not included in your package. There is an exception to this for customers with disabilities and to set this up. More information and the costs of Directory Enquiry calls (as well as the other numbers you are asking about) can be found on our Help page: Pay monthly tariff. For PAYG call charges, please see Pay as You Go tariffs.

However, as you have stated in your post, for Virgin Media landline customers, Directory Enquiry calls are included in the call package: Do you have a free Directory Enquiry service? (Limited up to 10 calls a day).

Please get back in touch if there's anything we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I since called customer services and they told me calls to 118180 are free up to 10 calls a day but you will be charged if you ask them to connect you to the number requested.

I have since used the service and it I indeed free to call.
0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Its free both from Virgin Mobile and virgin media landlines. However it is only free from a landline during inclusive calls allowance hours so if your on talk weekends, it will only be free from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday.

This applies to calls to 118180 and 118878.

I'm not sure about 118770,118120 and calls to 118190 international directory enquiries are charged at standard rates
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Here's what the legal stuff says

The legal stuff

The prices shown require you to use eBilling. For monthly price with paper bill add £1.50. Credit check & payment by Direct Debit required.
Prices shown are based on a 24 month Consumer Credit Agreement provided by Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited and a 30 day rolling Pay Monthly Airtime Contract with Virgin Mobile Telecoms Limited. You must pay off your loan in full in order to upgrade your handset. Further terms and conditions apply. 0% APR Representative.

*Please note standard charges apply, please check with your network operator for rates.

Calls to service numbers: The way you’re charged for calling numbers beginning 084, 087, 118 and 09 has changed. The cost of calling these numbers will be formed of a combined access and service charge: we set the access charge and the company you’re phoning set the service charge. Your access charge for these numbers will be shown on your bill and is currently 36p per minute for Pay As You Go and 45p per minute for Pay Monthly. The service charge will be advertised by the company that you are calling. If any of these numbers are included in your bundle you will not be charged the access or service charge.

Calls to other non-geographic numbers: Freephone calls starting 0800 or 0808 are now free from mobiles. Calls to 0500 are free. Calls to 070 numbers will cost you up to £2.50 a minute in the UK

So it very much depends on what your contract is for, look on your phone, the virgin app. My Account

It's will show you if you have 087 and 0845 minutes included 118 directory enquiries are not included if you are disabled then you can get them added, there is a thread on this posted in the last day or so with a staff answer confirming the directories enquiries numbers are Not included
0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I only just joined about a month ago. So I'm not on an old plan.

When I called customer services they said a memo was sent round regarding this.

Nobody is going to pay £5 per minute to call 118118 and other services.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nick_london, 

Sorry to hear about your circumstance. As you are a new customer it was likely set as part of the contract T&C's so you would not have received notification as no changes were made to your specific contract. 

If you would like to view a detailed list of access charges for these kind of numbers take a look at our detailed charges for [UK service numbers with the 084, 087, 09 & 118 number ranges]

Link

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/010716_UK_service_numbers.pdf

Many thanks 

Mike

0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As previously stated, calls to 118180 and 118878 are free with a fair usage policy of 10 calls a day for all Virgin Mobile customers. Pay as you go customers must be in credit to use it.

Those price guides you've listed are the standard charges outside of allowances.

If you ask to be connected to a particular number, then that's when the standard 118 charges kick per minute.
I recommend you do not ask to be connected as the service texts the number to your mobile phone as well as automated service that reads out the number.

I think it is ridiculous that Virgin Media is not capable at making its offers and promotions clear.

With the new mobile plans, a separate allowance is given to call 08 numbers, I am aware 0845 and 0870 numbers come out of this allowance but its unclear about 0843,0844 and 0871 numbers.

Calls to 0500 numbers are free although Virgin Mobile is not obliged to allow free access to them as they are slowly being phased out.

Calls to 0800 and 0808 are free and does not come out of any allowances.

Directory enquiries is still useful as Google might just not have what you are looking for and it may not be convenient to or possible to go online. Some calls
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just found this post after trying to find something on Virgin Mobile Directory Enquiries (failed) having been billed over £20 for 2 calls to a directory service on my mobile at a time of distress, I'd locked myself out!

Virgin may imply its clear, but if it was there would be a simple link to just one paragraph on My Virgin Media.  Even them, you need to set up, or know this, in advance of an emergency!!

Martin

pdfbt40
0 Kudos