Menu
tony359
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media letter to cancel my discount

Hi there,

Some time ago I wanted to leave Virgin Mobile so I called and they persuaded me to stay with a very good offer. At the time I did ask how long the offer would last and they said "as long as you keep your number".

I've now received a letter that says that the discount is going to be cancelled next month.

I am not arguing too much with that - I had the discount more than a year ago and I kind of understand if it cannot go on forever.

But the letter I received is puzzling. It's very straightforward and it does not even mention the customer service number - only the website - to try and suggest I should get in touch to discuss the options. Instead, in bold, a number where I can send a text message to have the number DISCONNECTED.

It sounds like "we've got enough of you, get the hell out of here"!

I do not think I'm abusing the 'all you can eat' plan I was given. I seldom use my mobile, only the internet but probably no more than 2-3GB per month (top).

Also, my account says the discount is valid till 2037 - I'm wondering whether this is VM trying to see if I change my plan with something more expensive?

I've been with VM since 2011 (Broadband too since 2010). Then had to disconnect broadband as I moved in an area without VM. I also have a feeling that on their systems I'm not anymore a 'good' customer and the discount I was given was too much for my current situation.

Any ideas? I'm going to call VM next week anyway to see what they say.

Thanks!

Tony

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media letter to cancel my discount

Hi tony359

Sorry to hear that we're no longer able to offer your current deal.

We do review the packages from time to time and it sometimes becomes uneconomical to continue offering some deals.

If you'd like to talk to us about your package, call us on 789 / 0345 600 0789 and we'll be happy to take a look at our current range of tariffs that you may wish to consider.

We appreciate customers may not be happy to look at other packages though, so we've worked hard to minimise any inconvenience involved by offering the 'text' process in this case.

Please get back in touch if we can offer further assistance with this or with anything else.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
tony359
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media letter to cancel my discount

Thanks Mark, I will

But please speak with your marketing team, the customer service number MUST be included on those letters! It really sounds like you want to get rid of me otherwise!

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos