Menu
ns77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media WiFi (Street WiFi)

I asked this about a month ago, does anybody have any idea of the mobile wifi turn on? It was meant to be the back end of summer 2015 but VM decided against it (guessing for technical reasons) i have been with VM since they started and never had a problem (Really) customer service has always been great, but after waiting all this time for 4g (looks like it won't happen now).i tried getting a pac code but i was told i would receive an email first week of Jan 16 (ref street wifi) so i said i would wait.....As much as i dont want to leave virgin i can get a 4g sim for a £1 pm less than i pay now. Any body heard anything (definite not rumours)......

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media WiFi (Street WiFi)

Read in the trade press that it had been delayed to 2016 - however when in 2016 was not stated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you're a Virgin Media mobile customer you can already get WiFi Buddy on iOS and Android which gives access to free WiFi hotspots

For any news on further changes see www.virginmedia.com/virginmediawifi
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
ns77
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hotspots for wifi buddy are pretty thin on the ground in my area, i find 3g faster

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media will work in the same way as BT Fon. 

Although on Virgin I managed to get my hands on a Fon router and it has been invaluable especially as I can use it on Fon Hotspots abroad. I've used it in France, Spain, Porugal, Holland, Belgium and Germany so far. 

If you can get your hands on a Fon router it is well worth it, as I'm not sure Virgin will offer an international offering

0 Kudos