Menu
whatthe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media + Virgin Mobile

I'm a Virgin Media + Virgin Mobile (PAYG) customer - do we get free calls from one Virgin Mobile to another, even if it's a PAYG phone I'm calling from and to?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media + Virgin Mobile

Hi whatthe,

yes Smiley Happy

"if you’re a Virgin Broadband or TV customer with a Pay As You Go mobile deal, you can natter away to friends who are also on Virgin Mobile without using up any of your credit or reward minutes.

Just top-up with £10 in a month, and you’ll get unlimited calls to other Virgin Mobile numbers the following month. Simply register by texting your Virgin Media home phone number or account number to 789444."

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you scroll down on the linked page, you'll find the criteria needed for payg

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-as-you-go-sim.html

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi whatthe,

yes Smiley Happy

"if you’re a Virgin Broadband or TV customer with a Pay As You Go mobile deal, you can natter away to friends who are also on Virgin Mobile without using up any of your credit or reward minutes.

Just top-up with £10 in a month, and you’ll get unlimited calls to other Virgin Mobile numbers the following month. Simply register by texting your Virgin Media home phone number or account number to 789444."

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you scroll down on the linked page, you'll find the criteria needed for payg

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-as-you-go-sim.html

BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
whatthe
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid and Teabag,

Thanks for your replies.

So it's not like Giffgaff where they get free calls to other Giffgaff numbers even if they don't top up in a month? If I've understood correctly - I can only get continuous free calls from 1 Virgin Mobile to another so long as I top up by £10 every month (and the same goes for they person I'm trying to contact)?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi whatthe,

that is correct. You would need to be registered and top up £10 or more the previous month.

(Unless you have a "Simply 8p" SIM which gives 50 minutes free VM > VM each month just for being in credit).

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

whatthe wrote:

Hi AlexKid and Teabag,

Thanks for your replies.

So it's not like Giffgaff where they get free calls to other Giffgaff numbers even if they don't top up in a month? If I've understood correctly - I can only get continuous free calls from 1 Virgin Mobile to another so long as I top up by £10 every month (and the same goes for they person I'm trying to contact)?

I believe the one making the call needs to meet those requirements, the one receiving the call just needs to be an active Virgin sim.

Some small print on the subject, I know the first bit goes on about landline, but I'm sure it the same mobile to mobile.

"Inclusive calls to Virgin Mobile numbers: Calls to Virgin Mobile numbers are free for the first 60 minutes. Calls to 'active' Virgin Mobile numbers are included as part of the 'unlimited' portion of your landline call package. As with your landline calls, re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. To be 'active', the Virgin Mobile number called must have originated a chargeable outbound call, SMS or data session within the previous 90 days. Remember that if you call a Virgin Mobile number that is roaming overseas, that number will still be charged any applicable roaming tariff, even though your part of the call may be free. Please note that new activations (e.g. new connections or numbers ported into Virgin Mobile) may take up to 72 hours to be recorded by our landline billing systems. Calls made prior to the number being recorded will be charged at the standard rate.

0 Kudos