Menu
Carl1988
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Mobile service is amazingly disgusting

back in February I took two sony z1 compact mobile contracts. One for me and second one for my wife. Now everything was fine until two months ago. My wife's phone had a fault arise with battery. So done the usual troubleshooting with different chargers n factory resets. Still not working. So I gave virgin a ring n sent my phone to them. I was told that after they receive my phone I would get an email which I did. In the email I received it said it would take 2-3 working days and they would contact me to let me know about my phone. So over a week went by and and no contact so I rang myself. To find out the phone wasn't gunna be repaired as the phone wasnt in warranty. Thinking this is strange apparently sony put a sticker or tab inside the sim card slot or sdcard slot which contains the phones imei number. The phones tab/sticker was missing so I would have to pay for it to be repaired. Knowing that I hadnt removed this I decided that I would check my phone as I had exactly the same model. Only to find I didn't have this tab or sticker. So now I realise that I'm paying a monthly contract for what is ment to be 2 brand new phones but their not as they are both out of warranty. So contact virgin again to discuss what can be done as I think I should within my rights to walk away from this contract or have replacement phones as I'm paying my bills on time and the fault is of virgin or sonys. No apparently there is nothing that can be done and if I want to take it further I should write a letter to the complaints department. We are in 2015 don't the complaints have a telephone or even email. So it's been two weeks since Ive wrote my letter and no reply. So I have been informed that I can't get ombudsman involved until they make a reply or effort with me. Problem is I still have to keep up my side of contract by paying bills etc for 2 phones that aren't what I was sold. So basically anyone thinking of taking a virgin mobile contract take a seconded look Becoz u gotta a problem u get thrown in the dark ages, and instead of being able to contact the people u need by phone, txt or email. You have to write a letter and send it to them and wait. Next on my agenda I think is personally posting the letter at virgin head office in Swansea myself. Or maybe they might ask me to send it by pigeon.
0 Kudos
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Mobile service is amazingly disgusting

Surely they can get the IME number by the usual method.They are at it big time.

0 Kudos
Carl1988
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well that's what o said but nope. Becoz the phone isn't removable I needed this sticker/tab makes sense u laugh. I'm still paying the full amounts on bills aswell Becoz if they don't help me out I will be get ombudsman involved and the ombudsman has already said that It I can't get a deal with virgin as long as I've been.paying the bills and keeping my end of deal in contract then he should be able to take them to cleaners
0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All handsets come with a 1 year warranty, Ofcom have changed the rules about leaving your contract early with no fee to pay please read there new guidelines and not be bullied by the network, You have also the sales and goods act to look at the problem in the UK is we as customers do not know our rights and this is what needs changing and the sooner the better so no mobile network can walk all over us as they have been doing for years

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl1988,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your Wife's phone has become faulty.

I'd also like to apologise for troubles you've had with trying to get this handset repaired. This isn't something I like to hear.

Our complaints code of practice is here. It says we aim to resolve all written complaints within 28 days of receipt.

I hope you get the resolution you want. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos