Menu
Geoffwales
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Lie

I rang this week as I am thinking of going to another provider, I explained that 3g coverage was bad in my area. They assured me 4g was coming 1st October. Sadly it did not arrive and the online help/chat said a mistake had been made it will be in a few months.

I do not know any other company that are so messed up behind the scenes that you can't get a straight answer.

Geoff

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Lie

Well, they say that it is coming and there have been one or two news reports, but there is nothing yet on the official or trade channels.

Until I see I press release, I would not even speculate over a release date.

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well, they say that it is coming and there have been one or two news reports, but there is nothing yet on the official or trade channels.

Until I see I press release, I would not even speculate over a release date.

SteveEast9
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have been indicating to Tech News journalists for MONTHS that 4G was coming this October. Their forward planning for its introduction was clearly CRAP. Much like their Customer Service. If I wasn't a home fibre-optic broadband/landline customer getting a mobile discount, I wouldn't even choose Virgin Mobile.

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Think you will find the discounts have gone on new contracts.

Free virgin mobile to virgin mobile is all that is left.

0 Kudos
Geoffwales
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

n to Re: Virgin Lie

Free Virgin calls is pointless now with inclusive minutes

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: n to Re: Virgin Lie

Over three weeks left, the first of the month or any other specific date was mentioned, but I'll be gone if it's not October.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoffwales, SteveEast9, enlli and J0hn,

Thanks for your posts on the Community Forum. I appreciate that there's been a great deal of speculation about when 4G will be available on Virgin Mobile and that it's disappointing that there hasn't been any news on this yet. 

We haven't been given confirmation on when this will be available, however we do have plans to launch this in the future, so watch this space.

If we receive any updates on this, we'll be posting on the Forum about it as soon as we hear more news on this.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Terri, Virgin have been saying the same old line for over three years now, so you just spouting the same Old Party line is worse than not replying at all!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me J0hn. Sorry I don't have any new details on this for you. As soon as I have more information on this for you, I'll be back in touch. Cheers for your post.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure you are now just trying to wind me up!

0 Kudos