Menu
G371
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 4g sim in Blackberry Passport, but can't receive 4g.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. Two months ago I put a 4g sim into my blackberry 10 device, a blackberry Passport.

But I still have no 4g signal. I've called Virgin Technical help loads of time over the last two months but all they say is switch off and it should reset, or give it 24 hours.I was  told today that they're working on the 4 g transmitter at the moment. 

A o2 4g gives me 4g straight away in my blackberry.

There seems to be an issue with the virgin 4g sim and Blackberry.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Assassin
Dialled in
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 4g sim in Blackberry Passport, but can't receive 4g.

I have already raised this issue with a virgin moderator on the forums you can check my post out here.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Blackberry-Passport-NO-4G-signal-available-APN-set...

Virgin are in contact with EE to try and get this resolved.

So fingers crossed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
G371
Tuning in
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Assassin,

Let's hope they manage to do something.

ninjascrolls
Joining in
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Went through customer services a few timws, 2 new sims aswell. Just got off the phone with Tech dept they said Virgin doesn't support blackberry on 4G...

BT, EE, etc. All do.

Hope this helps, i'll be switching to a different network.
0 Kudos
Assassin
Dialled in
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Blackberry 10 and 4G is definitely compatible that's completely wrong. Customer support don't have a clue about blackberry as its not as mainstream anymore. I can say 4G works on all networks apart from virgins. I've submitted a report to virgin who will forward it to EE to investigate there is no time scale on getting this fixed as they required lots of information to get this problem resolved. I've noticed blackberry has an OS update out I will try this to see if it fixes my problems but I doubt it will. I'm almost certain it's a virgin network issue that will eventually be resolved.
0 Kudos
ninjascrolls
Joining in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree. I just switched from BT which uses the EE network in the same way as Virgin does and had 4G signal no problem.

This is definitely a network issue, as you say something for Virgin and EE to sort out, I've got BlackBerry 10.3.3 OS, tried some other sims today and got 4G no problem.

Real shame.
0 Kudos
GRC
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem of 2 Z10 and a Leap - see this thread "Blackberry refuses to connect to 4G"

Contact Liam_T and fill out the same template as the rest of us - the more people complain the quicker something might happen.

0 Kudos
G371
Tuning in
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I have my Z30 which originally was on vodaphone and was using a 4g sim from virgin, but no 4g.

Funnily enough the Z30 had the latest update to 10.3.3 yesterday. So I put the virgin 4g sim back into it, to see if the update solved the problem, but still no 4g.

Definitely virgin end.

What is annoying is that when I have spoke to the technical help, they just fob you off, and don't admit they have no idea what is causing the problem. Maybe not enough people with Blackberry devices are using virgin 4g sims.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I just wanted to jump back on the thread to let you know that the requested information has been escalated over to EE to investigate the issue with 4G not working with the Blackberry 10.3 OS. We haven't received an update on this yet, but I'll get back in touch as soon as I have more details about this. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
drv4wd
Tuning in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

In January I 'upgraded' to one of Virgin's 4G tariffs, however having received my new SIM and swapped it over I have never been able to use a 4G service.

My phone is a new BlackBerry Passport SE.

Having spoken on two occassions to VM customer service, the first of which I received the standard "we've reset your Internet (!?) and give it 24 hours after restarting your phone"; the second time I was eventually pointed in the direction of these forums and this known issue.

The problem is, it doesn't seem much is happening in order to resolve what appears to be a Virgin Mobile only issue.

I have 3 BlackBerry 10 phones myself and a Priv (on O2), my partner a Z10 and my mother a Z10. We're all on Virgin Mobile. Should we move to EE or another MVNO on EE to get 4G support?

0 Kudos