Menu
jimclarke
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very sad that Virgin Mobile would slap me in the face so hard : (

Hey all,

Long time Virgin customer here...since the beginning in fact (switched form NTL and Nynex)....and Ive not had many problems in all that time...so happy with the service was I , that i even took the plunge 2 years ago and got my mobile phone with you as well....so I have the top of the line internet/tv/home and mobile phone packages...and thus spent (and continue to spend) thousands over the years on Virgin products....

Quite happily actually until the last couple of weeks)

2 months ago I even persuaded my Mother to switch from Vodafone to Virgin for her mobile phone (she is a second phone on my account)......and after 2 years my phone is starting to wear out...the battery is almost shot...., but I thought ;oh well..only a few weeks till I get a nice new one when i renew my contract'....so i wotn boterh sending it on th ebe fixed/replaced.(even though it was within warranty)

I tried to renew my contract online..was denied....oh well, Ill just call them...I did so....and they say I cant have a new contract because I have failed some credit check.....when I am in a far better financial position now,  than I was either 2 months ago when I put my mother on my account...adn especially from 2 years ago when I took out the 24 month contract originally.....

The person on the phone then had the gall to try and sell me a pay as you go sim.....and introduce more friends to the service! (which i used to ALL the time...in fact I have a friend RIGHT NOW who wants  a new phone...and is interested in Virgin........and interested in the benefits of being recommended by an existing customer...but like hell Im doing that if virgin wont even give me a new contract for murky and mysterious reasons!))

I am so furious about this that for the first time I am TRULY considering packing in the lot and going BT or something....

The worst thing about it all, is that I have never, ever missed a single payment for any virgin services (im sure there is a record of this at HQ) ....but when I call the Virgin people...oh they speak English ok...but they cannot understand it!......there is no reasoning with them, or getting any information or any sense out of them.....I will say my piece, and they essentialy ignore what I said, and carry on with what appears to be a script they are reading from......extremely frustrating!

Well....Im making this post as a last option really...what am I supposed to do?...is there any room for Virgin shifting their position on this?

I am about 90% of the way cancelling TV/Internet/home phone and 2 mobiles , all on pretty much the highest most expensive options.....because it actually feels like a total slap in the face.

Any ideas?

(It would be a truly sad end to near 2 decades of being a happy customer...thats for sure....and to reiterate..a happy customer that has paid on time every month for all those near 20 years.....)

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very sad that Virgin Mobile would slap me in the face so hard : (

Hi jimclarke,

you're not alone in failing Virgin's new credit checks.

Having read numerous posts on this forum it happens to people with good credit ratings, certainly good enough to go and get themselves a similar phone / contract from another provider.

However you could always appeal Virgin's decision. Contact:

Consumer Underwriting Services
Virgin Media
Eagle Court,
Coventry Road,
Birmingham B26 3RZ

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jimclarke,

you're not alone in failing Virgin's new credit checks.

Having read numerous posts on this forum it happens to people with good credit ratings, certainly good enough to go and get themselves a similar phone / contract from another provider.

However you could always appeal Virgin's decision. Contact:

Consumer Underwriting Services
Virgin Media
Eagle Court,
Coventry Road,
Birmingham B26 3RZ

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think Virgin have some very loyal customers who put up with more than they should have to.

Me - it would be straight through to retentions and a PAC Code

jimclarke
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

I will certainly pursue this until my contract is up...if I get no joy....then it will be (very reluctantly) adios...but truth is.... Im actually personally offended by this refusal...as its like saying they dont 'trust' me as a person to have a phone on finance and pay for it...despite near 2 decades of on time payments for their flagship (fastest 'best' most comprehensive) products.....

Not to mention bringing a new customer on board, (on my account!...as a second phone!) not 2 months ago...and I passed the credit check THEN!!!...So what on earth changed?

Well Ive been away a week, and so will be on it from Monday.....hopefully good business sense will prevail, and they will do their best to keep me as a £100 + a month customer!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimclarke,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm so sorry to hear you've failed the credit check. I completely understand your frustration especially if your payment history has been good.

There's nothing I can do to override the decision but I'm going to send you a private message to discuss some other options. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos