Menu
SimonP
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very poor mobile service in BS6 6SF area

I regularly visit family in the BS6 6SF area (Greenway Road, Redland, Bristol) and it is virtually impossible to use my mobile phone there. Signal quality is almost non-existant and the only way of making or receiving a call is to either go to the top of the house or go outside to the road and even then it barely works.

Clearly this is an EE issue as they have the same problem but could you report it to EE in the hope that something can be done about it please?

(This is not a recent problem BTW, it has been like this for years.)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor mobile service in BS6 6SF area

Hi SimonP, 

Many Thanks for coming back to us on this one, I can see that this is a separate issue from your other post so I'd like to welcome you to the Community Smiley Happy

I've had a little look into this and can see that the signal in the area is looking good as of today. Sometimes the signal can be affected by the environmental surroundings.

Can you tell me if anyone there that you're visiting experiences the same issue? 

Keep in touch and if you need anything in the meantime, please let me know. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SimonP
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, Ben.

The maps show it as good signal but Greenway Road itself is hopeless. There's virtually no signal inside the houses there, you have to go to the window or outside to get even one bar. The houses are only 2/3 floors so not huge.

I believe my family there are with EE but they were with Vodafone and had the same problem with both.

I don't suppose anything can be done about it but if I don't report it, nothing will be done. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Simon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response.

We don't have the facility to report signal faults via the forum I'm afraid. The best option is to ring 789 from the Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Have your family reported these issues to their providers? It would be better if they do because the handset is registered to the area in question. The more people on that road who report it the better.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos