Menu
TMTM
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Very poor mobile phone signal at home

Hi, I've just bought three sim only deals for three different phones - iPhone 6S, iPhone 5C and Samsung Galaxy J3.  I'm having problems with the mobile phone signal when I'm at home on all three phones.  It toggles between no signal at all and one bar only.  Anyone else have problems like this?  Also not great signal when out and about. Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor mobile phone signal at home

First thing to do is put your postcode in here http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/mobile-coverage and see what coverage is supposed to be like

0 Kudos
TMTM
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

First thing to do is put your postcode in here http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/mobile-coverage and see what coverage is supposed to be like

Thanks enili

I've entered my postcode and it comes back with "Great outdoor coverage, good indoor coverage" but unfortunately that's really not the case.  The service is terrible.  I phoned 789 this morning and the guy I spoke with asked if he could phone me back on a landline because he couldn't hear me properly (because I had one bar!) then the call disconnected.  I phoned back a couple of times and I'm getting some new sim cards sent out in the post.  I hope it fixes the problem otherwise I'll have to change providers again.  Interestingly, hubby and I were out with friends at the weekend who are both on EE, their signal was much better than ours.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi TMTM,

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting a poor signal, thanks for posting back on the Forum and letting us know that you've been able to get in touch and SIM cards are being sent out.

Have you received the new SIM cards? Has this resolved the issue? 

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
TMTM
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, thanks for your message.

No, the sim cards haven't changed a thing, the signal is still really poor, if there at all.  Is there anything that can be done?  I've read something on the internet about boosters?

Many Thanks, TMTM

0 Kudos
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If the signal is terrible, then I would exercise your right to leave within 14 days and choose another network. If it's bad now, it's not really going to get any better.

0 Kudos
TMTM
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks JamieMA

Luckily I only bought the one month rolling sim cards so I'll be doing just that, I was just hoping there could be an 'easy fix' as it was such a hassle to get swapped over to Virgin in the first place.  And I know I'll have another hassle cancelling them, I ordered them on the 8th December so that's what day they're saying the start of my monthly contract is, never mind that I had to wait for them to arrive and then for Virgin to activate them, wasn't actually able to use them until 21st!  Customer services has been the worst I've experienced, I've had the call disconnected around 10 times.  Happy days, might just be easier to cancel my direct debit and have them phone me!

Thanks again, TMTM

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi TMTM,

Thanks for getting back to me. Apologies that the new SIM cards haven't improved your mobile signal. 

I do not recommend using a mobile signal booster, first off because we don't support third party equipment and also when looking into this, it's noted that these devices tend to be signal repeaters and they are not legal for use in the UK. You can find more information about this on the Ofcom website.

I'm sorry to hear that the signal is so poor that you would like to cancel your service. 

I've checked the signal in your area and I can't find an issue. Current results shows a very good signal. Do others have an issue with their signal in your property?

Please let me know.

Thank,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
TMTM
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri, I ordered three sim cards and all three have the same problem so it's not just the one card.  My neighbour over the road also has the same problem and I was out with her at the weekend and even outside we both struggled to get a signal.  It might say on the internet that there's no problem with this area but there clearly is.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So you're experiencing signal issues away from your home as well? Do you notice this issue every where you go? Out of town, etc...? Because your neighbour is experiencing the same issue it sounds like a signal black spot.

0 Kudos