Menu
smoggyrich
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very poor 3G signal newcastle!

Normally I can stream TV stations, watch video clips, on 3G no problem at all . Today it has been garbage in Newcastle unable to even load photos up to view on Facebook etc. Any reason for this ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor 3G signal newcastle!

Hi smoggyrich,

have you tried entering your post code into the EE service checker (Virgin Mobile works on their network) to see if there are any known issues that might be affecting your signal.

Or could you have fallen foul of Virgin's "acceptable use policy".

Once you have used 3.5GB the service becomes throttled by Virgin until the end of the calendar month (fortunately, should be OK again tomorrow if this is the case):
http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html#12

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

smoggyrich
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

I've Checked with EE and there's no known problems and I've only used 1.5g of my 5g allowance?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smoggyrich,

Thank you for coming in, I'd like to welcome you into the Community Smiley Happy

I can see you've had the pleasure of meeting another member, thanks AlexKid Smiley Happy I'm sorry to read that the data hasn't been up to scratch, with so much data left to use I would like to ask if you are new to the area or does this work fine in the same place on a regular basis?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As you indicate a lot of streaming have you gone over the fair usage of 3.5gb and been slowed down?

0 Kudos
innins
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i have the same problem but i live in gateshead and my signal seems to be getting worse for internet and phone calls and have checked there was a fault but its been fixed and this has been going on for months now

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Innins,

Thank you for coming in and posting.

I would like to mention that if you have been able to test the services in the area and it's been resolved I'd like to take a look for you.

I would like to help and would need some addtitional information, if you can have a look in your 'Inbox', as I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos