Menu
Jabbawok
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VPN Blocked?

I have a virgin data sim in my iPad I've had it for years and I've never been been able to connect to a VPN with it. I can connect with my iPhone on tesco(O2) I can connect from other broadband connections. It's defiantly the Virgin connection that's at fault. 

Is this done intentially? Can I get it enabled?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN Blocked?

Hi Jabbawok

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're unable to connect to the VPN service using your data SIM.

Could I check if it's one specific VPN you're unable to use or have you tested a number of VPN services?

If you haven't already, please ensure the 'Content Bar' is disabled on your account:

Just login to your account and then click on 'Plan and device' and then 'Manage services'.

Ensure that the 'Parental controls' option is set to 'off'.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Jabbawok
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's an L2TP VPN hosted on my home server. I'm on BT fiber broadband. It works on anything other than the virgin sim.
I'll check my my parental controls.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that for me Jabbawok.

If you could check them for me and get back in touch after 24 hours to let me know if that's made a difference, we can take it from there.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Jabbawok
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Parental controls were off and still are.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jabbawok

Thanks for confirming.

Could you toggle the setting to 'on', leave it for 5 minutes and then turn it 'off' again for me and let me know if this makes a difference after 24 hours?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos