Menu
Domnoble
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM wont let me upgrade mobile

I have allready got £36 a month contract with an xperia z which is just about to expire and rather over priced, since getting this contract i have moved address a previous tenant at this address had some unpaid debts i have none. Now i am trying to upgrade to a z3 for £35 a month and VM is saying that i dont qualify as the credit rating isnt good enough. Already paid £1000+ for this phone and there is also another phone and landline/extra large broadband, VM are looking to loose over £1000 a year because of bumbling experian not getting it right once again. Not only have experian lost customer account details in october of last year(really bad for a pay service) now they are loosing VM customers. I am outraged and infuriated at how i have been blocked from getting an upgrade.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM wont let me upgrade mobile

Are you sure VM have checked with Experian? Loads of people on here been denied with perfect credit scores and no external search on their files.

0 Kudos
Domnoble
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i dont know if they have checked just know they are telling me they have, all i can do is wait until tomorrow to try talk with a human that can use some common sense, if that doesnt exist at VM they are going to loose a valuable customer. To the tune of £1000 a year. I think it is likely they have checked and this is experian that are being idiots, not the first time they have caused problems, if someone cant look at my accounts and overide experian when they realize i am swapping my contract for one of equal value, then VM dont deserve my business. I detest the idea i should have to pay a company like experian so i dont get blocked from entering contracts. Especially considering they cant even keep people's detail safe along with all the unautherized charges i see they have charged people across the internet. Experian credit rating is one big con.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Domnoble,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear about the rejected upgrade. I want to help as much as possible.

Can you let me know what happened when you called us? I'll be more than happy to provide any additional support.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Domnoble
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mat, there was nothing VM staff could do, no one could look at my account and use some common sense, so i have told VM to unlock the phone on all networks to which i am still waiting. I am downgrading landline and broadband from extra large and will be moving to BT, i am removing all landline packages landline contract ends in march and the other mobile contract ends in august they will not be renewed. At the end of talking with VM staff they tried to tell me to downgrade in the opinion i cannot afford the packages which is incorrect, i have applied to another mobile network and been accepted for the same handset on another network for half the price on the handset, didnt seem to be as much of a rip off as the vm contract even though it is actually £5 more than the VM contract i was applying to upgrade to.
0 Kudos
bromham
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Domnoble wrote:
I detest the idea i should have to pay a company like experian so i dont get blocked from entering contracts.

There are three main credit checking agencies in the UK: Experian, Call Credit and Equifax. You can now get a monthly credit report completely free of charge from two of these: www.noddle.co.uk (Call Credit) and www.clearscore.com (Equifax).  Unfortunately,, Experian don't provide a similar service but you can get a one-off report from them by signing up for a month's free trial and then cancelling by ringing an 0800 number as soon as you have the report.

If anyone's been turned down for credit or thinks they may be, it's well worth checking what the credit reference agencies hold on you.