Menu
P403n1x87
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM is scamming me with a mobile deal that is not happening

I recently contacted VM to arrange for a flat move. I asked about the possibility of bundling a SIM together with the new contract and I've been offered a 3GB + 5000 minutes for £10 instead of £13. I have received the SIM, and the included letter, as well as the confirmation emails that I have received afterwards, says that I will be paying £13, i.e. the full price.

Why are VM trying to scam me like this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM is scamming me with a mobile deal that is not happening

Hi P403n1x87,

this forum is mainly a platform for customers to help and advise one another.

As such we are unable to answer account specific queries.

However, it could be a simple mistake.

By my understanding (from a previous experience by myself) the way this type of deal usually works is that you are billed the standard amount. But that a rolling discount (in this case of £3-) will be applied to your account each month. Thereby leaving you £10 to pay as agreed.

You would be best to call and speak to someone on 789 from your mobile.

0345 6000 789 from any other phone and check that this arrangement has been set up on your account as agreed.

Alternatively if you are prepared to wait, this post may be responded to by one of the Virgin staff on here but that is likely to take a few days.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

P403n1x87
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM is scamming me with a mobile deal that is not happening

Thank you for your answer. I managed to chat with an operator after a long wait and they explained the £3 rolling discount. In my defence, the operator I chatted with previously didn't specify this and just told me that I would have paid £10 instead of £13 for Virgin Mobile. I'm sure that if he were clear about this the confusion wouldn't have arisen.
0 Kudos