Menu
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM WiFi app - can't set it up

Downloaded the VM WiFi app, launched it and started the set up. Following the instructions I switched off my wifi and hit continue and I then got an error message (see attached pic). I hit OK to get rid of the message then hit start verification and I'm then back to the error message. Anyone help please?

IMG_1566.PNG 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
emilyp10
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM WiFi app - can't set it up

Hi,

When you first use our apps we need you to be on the mobile network so we can check that its really you. Smiley Happy

I can see you've done this and got an error message. What I would suggest is that maybe your mobile internet connection on the phone isn't working properly. Not to worry though this can usually be resolved by following a few steps.

Just pop into Settings > General> Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will refresh your phone in line with the network, it will remove your WIFI password but you can re enter this back in Settings ( No personal information will be deleted).

It may be worth testing a web page before reopening the app just to make sure that its working as it should be. You can also try force closing the app and reopening it again by double clicking the home button in quick succession and swiping the app upwards to close it completely.

Hope this helps you out Smiley Happy

Emily P

- Source - (I work for Virgin Media but all my opinions are my own)

All Replies
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Meant to add I've got an iPhone 5S running the new iOS10
0 Kudos
emilyp10
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

When you first use our apps we need you to be on the mobile network so we can check that its really you. Smiley Happy

I can see you've done this and got an error message. What I would suggest is that maybe your mobile internet connection on the phone isn't working properly. Not to worry though this can usually be resolved by following a few steps.

Just pop into Settings > General> Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will refresh your phone in line with the network, it will remove your WIFI password but you can re enter this back in Settings ( No personal information will be deleted).

It may be worth testing a web page before reopening the app just to make sure that its working as it should be. You can also try force closing the app and reopening it again by double clicking the home button in quick succession and swiping the app upwards to close it completely.

Hope this helps you out Smiley Happy

Emily P

- Source - (I work for Virgin Media but all my opinions are my own)

C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It was even easier than that once you pointed me in the right direction. I went into data usage and found it was off for the VM WiFi app - turned it on  and all is now OK and all set up Man Happy

0 Kudos