Menu
KillerQueen1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM Wi-Fi Buddy App Incompatible with Sony Xperia 2105

HI I did try and download VM Wi-fi buddy, but it's incompatible with my phone. I do have another Android wi-fi buddy installed on my phone (not VM), however I do still have an issue when I try to use open wi-fi or it accepts my password to log on to my guest wi-fi at work, but when I try to access the web, I get a message to say I'm offline.  Accessing the internet using wi-fi it would appear I can only do in range of my home VM hub!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM Wi-Fi Buddy App Incompatible with Sony Xperia 2105

The WiFi Buddy app for Android is due a replacement anytime soon, the new app will be called Virgin WiFi, the iOS version is already out.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The WiFi Buddy app for Android is due a replacement anytime soon, the new app will be called Virgin WiFi, the iOS version is already out.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
KillerQueen1971
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So is the VM wifi buddy iOS only atm? That would explain why it's incompatible with my Android phone. Do have an Android wifi buddy on there atm, tho the problem is I can't get onto wifi apart from at home or in range of my VM hub.  

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

O2 have a free wifi app you may find works on your phone no O2 service required

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

iOS did have WiFi Buddy, it has now just changed to a new app called Virgin WiFi.

For Android we're going to have to wait a bit longer for the new app.

WiFi Buddy did work and log me into WiFi ok on my Moto G, but I had to uninstall it because it caused massive battery drain and also started eating up my mobile data allowance :-(
0 Kudos
KillerQueen1971
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tried installing the O2 app says it's installed on my phone, tho it appears not to have installed, can't see it on my phone do I have to uninstall other app first? 

0 Kudos
KillerQueen1971
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks tried that says it's installed, but can't see it on my phone. I did download Avast wi-fi finder.
0 Kudos