Menu
kensaundm31
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

VM Have No Respect For Their Existing Customers

Wow, Virgin really have no respect at all for their existing customers. I am about to run out of contract with my current mobile provider and I went to the VM website to see what deal I could get if i was already an existing customer and it turns out that I can have the same deal as new customer ie people who have never given them a penny. Thanks VM.

Andwhat really gets me is the little box that asks if you are already a customer yes/no, just to rub it in when ou click the "no i am not already a customer" box it says "Well we don't mind - you can now get the same prices on our top tariffs as our TV and Broadband customers".

"Well we don't mind - you can now get the same prices on our top tariffs as our TV and Broadband customers, the chumps"

Well I will check and see how long my current contract for ll and bb last and get that cancelled.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Have No Respect For Their Existing Customers

The reason they now have to offer new customers the same 'special offers' as any long standing customer, is because

THEY DON'T HAVE THAT MANY LONG STANDING CUSTOMERS any more, because of the totally RUBBISH service they are LOSING customers faster than they can 'con', sorry 'attract' new customers who then discover just how poor they are before leaving!!!

VM is a sinking ship...vis

Broadband, real problems of 'over utilisation' in so many areas, nothing being done to resolve BUT, still taking on new customers 

TV...TIVO works when it feels like it, (more not than often), The utube app doesn't (and probably never will!!)

TV anywhere...or should that be nowhere....doesn't work on most devices, or doesn't work at all, 

Mobile....poor signal, poor internet coverage, no 4G, 

Jump ship now, get away from it before it all collapses

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

website shows generic offers

for existing customer offers you call retentions.

THE WAY ITS ALWAYS BEEN.

admittidly sometimes there awful offers but ive also had some amazing ones so

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Further to the other answers, the way VM treats existing customers with regards to offers is really no different to any other subscription-based service. I'm not saying it's right, it's just they are not alone.

Go on moneysavingexpert, or any forum specific to mobile, cable or insurance companies, and you'll see a similar rant pop up everywhere. Breakdown recovery services will charge you £30 or so for your first year, then it goes up five times for the second year. My car insurers last year added a £147 admin charge just for staying with them. Even after 'phone negotiation, their price for an existing customer was still much higher than the one on the meerkat website.

0 Kudos
kensaundm31
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

well I went to retentins on my way out, they offered to knock of £3 from my current BB and LL but they had no control over the mobile. So I told them I wasn't interested.

The thing that bothers me is: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/mobile/tariffs/pay-monthly.html

"Remember, if you have broadband, TV or home phone with us, you get even more:

• £5 a month off the cost of your tariff
  • Unlimited calls to other Virgin Mobile phones
  • Unlimited texts to other Virgin Mobile phones
  • 24-hour lost or stolen replacement, when you buy Virgin Media Protect from just £2 a month"

But it's simply not true. How can they say this when it is not true!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

If you click through to actually ORDERING a phone, there is a five pound discount applied if you are an existing customer.....

0 Kudos
kensaundm31
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

really! well their chat sales team are complete morons, because they couldn't explain that to me.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Quite a strong statement but I suspect you won't get much argument. Chat is usually first line support staff. Nuff said

0 Kudos
Yardstick
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

cheers for that link kensaundm31. My contract can be upgraded this friday and I have my eye on a couple of new handsets which now make the job that much easier based on your paste from VM website.

0 Kudos
Yardstick
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I am on live chat now and they have said:

"We provide £5 discounted deals to our existing Virgin Media customers in comparison to non-existing Virgin Media customers with Standard contract Mobile phones"

"However there is no discount available on handset available on freestyle contract."

I have challenged this and they have said:

"Our customer service team can provide you with the help you need. You can reach them for free by calling 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone, or 0345 6000 789 from a landline."

The cynical person inside me says that this could be an approach to remove the £5 discount over a period of time as I suspect the more desirable phones will only be on freestyle....

0 Kudos