Menu
tnt332
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN MOBILE MY ACCOUNT APP

Will we ever get a mobile my account app for windows phones like the android/iphone app.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VIRGIN MOBILE MY ACCOUNT APP

You can access exactly the same information as the Your Account app by going to http://m.virginmedia.com/account from your mobile browser. 

You'll need to be on mobile data at first but you can then set up the page to allow access when on WiFi

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can access exactly the same information as the Your Account app by going to http://m.virginmedia.com/account from your mobile browser. 

You'll need to be on mobile data at first but you can then set up the page to allow access when on WiFi

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tnt332.

Our apologies that our My Account App is not currently available for Windows phones.

We are always looking at ways in which we can improve our services and keep up to date with all the latest technology. It is in the pipeline so hopefully will get this rolled out as soon as possible for you. 

In the meantime you can still access this information by following the instructions given by BenMcr.

Many thanks.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
NicholasHowes
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ben,

I hope, as you work for Virgin, you'll be able to forward this post to the best person to consider it.

I really do think Virgin Mobile should get this app working on Windows phones as a matter of urgency.  How difficult can that be ?  EE have an app and Virgin don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Naturally it doesn't affect my personal great happiness to be a Virgin customer (two phones).  But it is, I must say, something of an irritation because my Windows phone has limited minutes (my choice) and it would be nice to be able to check things without logging on to my online account.

It's also about Virgin's priorities: this is a customer service issue and affects a range of Windows phones Virgin sells.  I think it should accordingly be a high priority.

O2 don't have an app on Windows phones either - so that'll be a great start if - as I do hope - Virgin buy them now Three's bid has been blocked.

Nick

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

While you're waiting in the meantime though...As far as I can tell the My Account app is just a web browser and if you follow the link provided by BenMcr above in a browser on your phone you should be diverted to the ecare site, which is what the app displays. It doesn't require a login (it identifies your account by the data connection hence why wifi doesn't work out the box) and provides an account overview (minutes, texts, data consumption in bar charts, etc.).

It's working here so give it a try - you can just bookmark the summary page.

0 Kudos
NicholasHowes
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I take back everything I said about it mattering that I can't use the My Account app on my Windows phone.

I've just seen this helpful Virgin Media video that shows a quick and easy way to check remaining minutes...

Dial 789 and Press 1.  And that's it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sz28R-YuoyE

Nick

0 Kudos