Menu
gittinger
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Utter incompetance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recommended my son to have a Virgin Mobile and clearly no good deed goes unpunished! Now I am mad as hell.

Through my online account management I ordered an £8 per month SIM only for him, Direct Debit package.

FIRST VIRGIN MISTAKE

SIM duly arrived and number swapped but account set up for his number as PAYG by DD! Noticed yesterday. What follows is unbelievable!

4pm April 15. Son calls Customer Services. Explains incorrect package. Operator, quite rightly arranges full credit of excessive PAYG charges and transfer to the package ordered. BUT INCREDIBLY CHANGES THE PACKAGE OF MY NUMBER FROM £8 SIM ONLY PACKAGE TO PAYG FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:45PM. I get a text to say my voicemail number has changed - fine, so I save it. Then I get a message to say my account is now PAYG. What the.....

4:49pm. I call VMobCS, go through all the usual verification, explain my package has changed without my say so. Get put on hold and then CUT OFF!!!!!!!!!!

4:57pm. Try to call son only to get an auto message 'You have no credit to make this call'!!!!!!! *%$+*&!!!!!!!

Call VMobCS again. Go through the same nonsense, get put on hold.... GET CUT OFF AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

5:05pm. Call VMobCS AGAIN. Go through same idiocy but tell the advisor NOT to put me on hold - he transfers me instead. AT LAST the one Virgin employee that talks and acts sensibly.

He arranges for  me to speak to Sales and I have to order a SIM only £8 package all over again. Advisor will sort the account when that is done. Adds credit to my phone so I can use it in the meantime. Spoke to Sales - not the brightest spark but I have hope.

7:14pm. Finally spoke to son. Confirmed my number was not any part of his conversation at the start of all this nonsense.

I looked at the online info and found all my historic invoices are not on there any more - now I am REALLY MAD.

7:25pm. Call VMobCS again to have my changes given utmost priority. Spoke to another under-achiever who left me on hold for  25 minutes without coming back.

NOW I WANT TO DO PHYSICAL HARM TO SOMEONE. Hung up and TRIED AGAIN.

8:10pm. CALLED AGAIN. Spoke to another of the ilk who wouldn't put me through to a manager as 'he is on a managerial call'. I THEN GAVE UP. Quite willing to commit a mass murder.

IT IS NOW 24 HOURS SINCE THIS STARTED WITH NO RESOLUTION AT ALL. It only took 45 minutes to completely screw up my mobile account and they can't rectify their mistake inside a whole day.

I have been a Virgin Media customer since they took over from NTL  - TV, Broadband, Landline... and a Mobile customer for some years.

Where is that number for Sky/BT/Fastnet etc., etc.

leah_no1auntie
Up to speed
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utter incompetance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it takes seconds for the idiots to make a mistake and forever to put it right again this is why today i moved to the network 3 goodbye virgin !!!!!!!!

gittinger
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

12:12pm 17th April. Still nothing sorted.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

After finally getting all sorted out (after 3 different CS staff) for a new sim only for my new phone its wrong size they sent me.

I asked for a nano sim, they sent a micro sim.

All on a Friday too and I set up my old phone for my mother last night with the new VM 2nd sim I was offered on my account (normal sim size and was correct).

0 Kudos
bjones371
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Usually the "nano" part can be gently pushed out, it's held into the frame of the micro SIM using thinner plastic, so you should be able to separate them easily to give you a nano SIM.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

TY, it was very hard to see join with my new crappy glasses, I was wrong.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi gittinger,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm really sorry that you've had so much trouble with calling us. I want to get this sorted for you. I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps so we can get this fixed.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
gittinger
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt

I don't have a personal message yet. The account is in a half way sort out and I don't know where I am with it. I don't see any historic invoices which is a real issue as I am self-employed and it is tax return time.

????????????

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this gittinger,

I'll re-send this Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
gittinger
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt again.

What good was the questionnaire you asked me to fill in? It didn't ask for anything that was not already stated, except maybe my account number which I reckon is well known among the call centre!!!!

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!

God only knows what the hell Virgin Mobile have been doing for 8 days now.

Where are my historical invoices? This is a very serious matter and needs to be sorted. 

PUT MY MOBILE ACCOUNT BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL SITUATION PRIOR TO YOUR SCREWING IT UP THROUGH INCOMPETANCE.

PLEASE.