Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Using phone abroad

I recently asked to upgrade my phone to 4G and for some strange reason VM sent me a new sim for a phone I have not used for some considerable time (it's also not capable of connecting to the internet - it's just a phone). On contacting them I pointed out this error and at the same time asked them to remove all reference to the phone account I no longer use. This was supposed to have been done and a new sim was sent out for the smart phone I currently have.

Unfortunately, my smart phone does not work abroad (call barring message given) and on looking on-line into my mobile account the old phone details are still there and any attempt to go into phone settings for my smart phone, always jumps to the phone settings for the phone I no longer use. Is there an e-mail address I can use to contact VM on to sort this out?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using phone abroad

Hi 24480818,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting regarding your experience.

I would like to have a look into the issues you have mentioned and investigate what has happened here.

Shortly I will send you a PM with further details, you can access this by clicking the envelope in the top right corner.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using phone abroad

Hi 24480818,

I'm sorry that you are having a problem with accessing your mobile data while abroad in New Zealand and that there was an issue with receiving Liam's pm. Is this working for you now? 

If you would like for me to look into this, I will need to take more information from you. I will send you a private message, but you need to make sure that you have private messaging enabled on your Forum profile in order to receive pm's.

If you have pm's enabled already, just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos