Menu
Valcoryxxx
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Using UK SIMS in USA tablet / Phones

Can I use my Virgin SIM in a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (GSM)?  The tablet is AT&T unlocked and is 4G.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Using UK SIMS in USA tablet / Phones

Valcoryxxx wrote:

Ok Cool. The thing is, I want t buy this Samsung tablet, and as its a good price, coming from the States, just wanted to be sure my SIM will work in it...

I bookmarked a post about Virgin Mobile's frequencies a good while back, it has the details you need to use. To quote it: "Virgin Mobile usages the 1800MHz for 2G connections and 2100MHz for 3G connections. I hope this information is useful."

So check which frequencies that exact model number of tablet you plan to buy supports, Google will help you with that.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Valcoryxxx wrote:

Can I use my Virgin SIM in a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (GSM)?  The tablet is AT&T unlocked and is 4G.

Importing a phone to lower the costs involved in upgrading? Phones bought from abroad can be locked into certain frequencies hardware wise. If none of those frequencies it supports align up with the frequencies Virgin Mobile use - you'd get no signal. And that's not even taking into account the SIM type you have currently and which SIM type that phone uses.

Or if you're abroad and want to use your Virgin Mobile SIM in a phone from over there - you'd be better off getting a disposable PAYG SIM or one of those 30 day SIMs. You could call around the USA at local rates. Rather than pay the high roaming costs.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Valcoryxxx
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok Cool. The thing is, I want t buy this Samsung tablet, and as its a good price, coming from the States, just wanted to be sure my SIM will work in it...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Valcoryxxx wrote:

I bookmarked a post about Virgin Mobile's frequencies a good while back, it has the details you need to use. To quote it: "Virgin Mobile usages the 1800MHz for 2G connections and 2100MHz for 3G connections. I hope this information is useful."

So check which frequencies that exact model number of tablet you plan to buy supports, Google will help you with that.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos