Menu
gracedevice
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Using Canadian mobile phone while on vacation in UK?

I'm travelling to the UK September 17 - October 2 from Canada and I'd like to bring my (unlocked) phone to use while I'm there.

Mostly I need data (at least 1gb) and to make a few texts back to Canada. Is this a possibility? What plan would be best for this? I was thinking of the Pay as you Go, SIM only - looks like for £10 I would get 1gb of data (as a bonus) and then £10 to use towards extra data and international texts.

Any advice or other options would be great. THANKS!

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using Canadian mobile phone while on vacation in UK?

If you are just visiting the PAYG will be your only option available.

As long as your phone is compatible with UK frequencies there should be no problem.

I would check out the offerings on all networks to see which fit the bill best. (Virgin does not have 4G)

PAYG SIMS are easy to pick up from the likes of Newsagents and Supermarkets, just make sure you have the correct size for your phone.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your best option would be the "3" network , 3p a minute calls (all of the U.K. Covered) 2p texts and 1p per mob of date, you can get a package as that turns out cheaper, don't forget free wifi hotspots and Whatsapp or Skype 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gracedevice,

Welcome into the Community, I hope that you are looking forward to visiting the UK.

I can see that you have had some help already, I hope that you have a safe trip and if you request any help with our PAYG services, please let us know here Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos