Menu
Stant
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Useless customer service

Hi hope someone can help as I'm at a loss what to do.Bought a new mobile online from Virgin on 22nd July and as my existing Virgin sim card was a standard size also requested a new micro sim card, the phone arrived the following day and the sim card 5 days later that's when the trouble began, the phone kept saying no sim card so took the phone to local Virgin shop the said it was a faulty sim card and gave me a new one and told me it would take up to 24 hours to be activated next day phone still showing no sim card so back to shop again they tried another sim and that would not work either and said the phone was faulty I asked if the could return it for me but they told me it was nothing to do with them. I phoned customer service to request a return envelope and was told I would receive one in 3 to 5 days the next day I had a email from Virgin quoting a job number a saying I would receive the envelope within 24 hours. As I had still not received the envelope I phoned Virgin on Monday of this week and was told I would it Tuesday, still no envelope so phoned again this morning they told me they would send another envelope which would take between 3 and 5 days again, when I told them this was unacceptable and requested to speak to someone else they said that was not possible. I tried to explain that as the phone was faulty I was entitled to exchange it or get my money back all he said was that the was nothing he could do an told me to have a nice day!.  An help or suggestions of what I can do would be appreciated 

Thanks

Stan

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Useless customer service

Stant wrote:

Still not received bag to return so phoned 789 again and have been given a complaint number and told someone would contact me within 24 hours, as expected 36 hours later and still no call any help or suggestions as what to do next would be appreciated 

Stan

Please try to understand that VM WILL NOT/DO NOT phone customers back when they promise. This is basically a PLOY to get you off the line...NOBODY EVER phones back, EVER. 

You are welcome to try to e-mail the CEO, but again, in my experience, (three times now) I have NEVER had even the courtesy of a reply of ANY sort, leave alone action to resolve a problem, even when escalated to a complaint!! Originally I was issued with a complaint reference number and PROMISED a senior member of staff would contact me within 28 days......(never happened)  again wrote, nothing, and again....so much for THAT idea...

Trying to get any response from VM is like trying to stop the tide from coming in..(but of course, when THEY want something, the phone never stops ringing!!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Stant,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message. I would like to help and would like to apologise for the wait. Whenever there are new messages in a thread, it places the post further back in the queue as we work in date order.

I would certainly like to help and I would need some additional information to check upon the account and better inform you.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Many thanks and welcome into the Community.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They send the bag out by royal mail and are told to tell you it will take that long it most likely will arrive sooner. The other option is to return it all and cancel, if you are still within that limit of course. The stores bless their cotton socks, are focused on sales as the commision is needed for a decent wage. Also they have no method of contacting the call centre apart from ring 789 as you do, so for all apart from upgrading/buying stuff they resemble a chocolate fireguard

0 Kudos
Stant
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply still not received the bag to return the phone will give it until next week if not received by then will be emailing the chief executive 

0 Kudos
Stant
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still not received bag to return so phoned 789 again and have been given a complaint number and told someone would contact me within 24 hours, as expected 36 hours later and still no call any help or suggestions as what to do next would be appreciated 

Stan

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The email ides to the CEOs seems a good one, or keep calling 789

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Stant wrote:

Stan

Please try to understand that VM WILL NOT/DO NOT phone customers back when they promise. This is basically a PLOY to get you off the line...NOBODY EVER phones back, EVER. 

You are welcome to try to e-mail the CEO, but again, in my experience, (three times now) I have NEVER had even the courtesy of a reply of ANY sort, leave alone action to resolve a problem, even when escalated to a complaint!! Originally I was issued with a complaint reference number and PROMISED a senior member of staff would contact me within 28 days......(never happened)  again wrote, nothing, and again....so much for THAT idea...

Trying to get any response from VM is like trying to stop the tide from coming in..(but of course, when THEY want something, the phone never stops ringing!!)

0 Kudos
Stant
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So what do I do now just let them get away with it? I was hoping someone from the Virgin team on here would get involved as they appear to have helped quite a few members

Stan

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Stant,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message. I would like to help and would like to apologise for the wait. Whenever there are new messages in a thread, it places the post further back in the queue as we work in date order.

I would certainly like to help and I would need some additional information to check upon the account and better inform you.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Many thanks and welcome into the Community.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Stant
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It appears that my problem has been resolved BenD_H from the forum team has been a great help and I also had a call from someone at Virgin yesterday and the are going to repair the phone and give me a full refund so I'm basically getting the phone for free. I don't think this would have been sorted if I hadn't joined this forum so thanks to all involved especially BenD_H

Stan

0 Kudos
Stant
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My complaint has now been resolved  successfully I received a full refund and new phone as promised so now I'm a happy customer again!

0 Kudos