Menu
Josh_dickson
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Urgent!! holiday mobile no signal

Help! I'm on holiday and my phone has had no signal since I arrived in Budapest. My account is setup for roaming/ use abroad and my mobile is setup for international calling. All my travel companion on reliable and professional networks all got text saying welcome to the county here is ur new network provider and done. I have hard reset my phone I have manual set new networks. Nothing works. I cannot even contact Virgin media without using the expensive hotel phone. And it seems like live chat isn't an option on mobile WiFi either. Does anyone hae any suggestions? Being abroad without a phone is horrible. When I get home I'm definitely close my home phone, Internet, TV and mobile account with Virgin. The customer service just sends u to this community fourm. This is all pretty unacceptable.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Urgent!! holiday mobile no signal

Is the phone set for international roaming, its different to international calling? It needs to be

also what it the make and model of your phone?

0 Kudos
Josh_dickson
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah. I have been abroad elsewhere recently and it worked fine.
0 Kudos
Josh_dickson
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sony experia z d5503
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The only other option that may help, is removing the sim wipe with a lint free cloth the golden finger refit and retry, I expect there is not another virgin mobile in your party with the Same sim size you could swop with?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh_dickson,

Sorry to hear that your mobile service isn't working in Budapest. Apologies as well for the delay in responding.

I'd like to look into this for you, but I'll need to take more information first.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos