Menu
Kayleighevans
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading!

WHY?! was I told that once i make 6 clear payments on a sim only i could the upgrade to whatever handset i like?! because clearly this is wrong!!! virgin telling me incorrect information!! I called up today to upgrade after making my 6 clear payments as advised to, to then be told on no you will need to make 3 clear more payments!! WHY was i not told this when taking up my sim only#?!?!?!

i currently have a iphone5s and that seems to be the only iphone i can upgrade to with out making my extra 3 payments! 

Its VERY!!!! frustrating that Virgin staff cannot just seem to be straight with you and tell you the correct information right away 

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading!

Your not the only one who's​ been caught out with these sales tactics, there is no guarantee that taking on a sim-only for so many months will improve your credit score with Virgin :-(
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Kayleighevans
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice,It s shame to think that they are lying and scamming many people.

Pay as you seems to be the way forward! If a sim only isnt helping my credit rating whats the point Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Kayleighevans
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So a follow on from this....

I raised a complaint with Virgin and on Friday night someone called Craig called me, Lovely guy very helpful and understanding. I informed Crag about the previous conversations I have had with people from Virgin, I then asked Craig what handset it was that I wanted which was a iphone 6s plus. I asked him if the first Credit Limit extension was approved would I have to make additional payments to get an iphone 6 plus and I was told no. I then asked for all this information to be added to my account so any one who I spoke to after this could see and I was told that it was. I was happy and the phone call ended.

Tuesday 4th April, I then call them to see if my credit limit application had been approved, it had which I was happy about, I then told the lady on the end of the phone what phone I wanted to which she then told me I would need to go up TWO credit classes to get the phone I wanted which would mean making SIX MORE PAYMENTS!!! I then asked they lady
(I cant remember her name) I was talking to why I was told that no I would not have to make any more payments, this is something she could not answer and where I appreciate she cannot really answer this question it just seem every time I talk to some on at virgin I get a different answer. The Lady then said she would pass me through to customer services Which she didn’t do she put me through to billing, and I spoke to another person, again I can’t remember her name which is very rude of me but at this point I was fuming. I then has to explain myself again, the staff member then said she would talk to the upgrade team. She then came back and said the same as the previous person I spoke to which is the first time I really have been give the same information. We had a long conversation and at the end of it I was told the only thing they could do was feed back to the staff that told me the wrong information. I wasn’t happy with this so I asked for a complaint to be raised and for all my information on my account to be sent to be, I was told this would take a week…. A WEEK?! So after being annoyed about that and asking why it was talking so long I asked for a reference number once again I was this would take a week for a number to be given to me. CRAZY!! I was then advised to raise a complaint with a 3rd party as all they could do is give feedback to staff members and to be honest after the amount of misinformation I had been given it wasn’t good enough.

I really do appreciate that a credit check needs to be done and I need to pass to allow them to give me a phone contract, but I don’t think virgin do this. I could be wrong but I now have taken out the phone I wanted with another company, so my credit rating can’t be that bad.

I ending my mobile contact with virgin today and as soon as my home broadband contact if over I will not be renewing it!!

Apologies for the long post but I surly can’t be the only one that has experienced this?!!?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kayleighevans,

I'm sorry that you've experienced difficulties with your upgrade due to issues with the credit check and the information that you've been given from various departments and agents. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

If you would like for me to check into this for you, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so that I can look into this further for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos