Menu
snow44
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading with cracked iphone 5 screen?

Hi im due to upgrade this month but my iphone 5 screen is smacked/cracked. How does this effect things? can i still upgrade? Does is cost me extra etc? Any help/ advice would be great thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading with cracked iphone 5 screen?

snow44 wrote:

Hi im due to upgrade this month but my iphone 5 screen is smacked/cracked. How does this effect things? can i still upgrade? Does is cost me extra etc? Any help/ advice would be great thanks.

Hi snow44,

the condition of your current phone isn't going to make any difference to your upgrade deal.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also if you would like an IPhone 7 they are out of stock everywhere for about three weeks, so don't rush into it as you'll have quite a wait for the phone
0 Kudos
Compbck
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When normally upgrading a phone you do not usually have to hand back the old one. I am with EE and my last upgrade was from iphone5 to iphone6 Plus. After paying a small upgrade fee for the phone it was quickly despatched to me. The iphone 5 went to my wife.

I am due an upgrade in June 2017, so I will be going for the iphone 7, and I do not expect to have to hand the iphone 6 back.

One word of warning re iphones, if you get a cracked screen get it  repaired by Apple otherwise they will not touch if it if it has been repaired by an unauthorised  dealer. Happened to me, cracked the screen got it repaired, had another fault, went to Apple and they referred me back to the original repairer despite being still in warranty, which was of course invalidated as is case with most companies. Lesson learned.

0 Kudos