Menu
Pinkrat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading sim only deal

Hi all,

ive had my sim for years without changing but now need more data. I looked at upgrading online but the deals are not good value. If I just scrap my sim and order a new one then the deals are half the price. This isn't a special offer either! Surely deals should be better for existing customers than if I was a new customer?

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading sim only deal

Don't bother looking at the upgrade page on your online account, the new sim's usually offer better value, to move onto one of them - just ring 789 from your mobile and take the "thinking of leaving" option during office hours, they can move you onto them without a new sim or number.  Before you ask to be swapped to the tarrif you have chosen, ask nicely if there are any other special tarrifs for a loyal customer he can offer you :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pinkrat,

where are you looking for "half price deals"?

Those I see are the same for existing or new customers (the only difference is Media customers get free Virgin to Virgin minutes).

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
Pinkrat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I know I can pay the same as new customers for a new SIM card monthly, but why is it nearly double the price to just upgrade my existing SIM card?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pinkrat,

you should be able to move your existing number onto a new chosen tariff for the same price.

Unless of course you are still tied into a contract then there will be a "buyout" fee.

Where are you looking (a link maybe)?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't bother looking at the upgrade page on your online account, the new sim's usually offer better value, to move onto one of them - just ring 789 from your mobile and take the "thinking of leaving" option during office hours, they can move you onto them without a new sim or number.  Before you ask to be swapped to the tarrif you have chosen, ask nicely if there are any other special tarrifs for a loyal customer he can offer you :-)

BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Pinkrat
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Teabag, I've called today and got my upgrade for only an extra £1.24 a month 😊
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good to hear you got what you were after at a price your happy with, thanks for letting us know :-)

0 Kudos