Menu
BillyJeanW
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading my mobile phone

For three weeks I have been trying to upgrade my mobile to a Lumia 640. I am a PAYG customer and went through my account to use my £10 reward and submitted the order on three separate occasions but the final page through up an error.

I tried by phone to buy one but the sales team were more interested in selling me a monthly package. Also they did not have the authority to use any reward I had in my account.

In desperation I went to a store as listed on the VM website. The "store" was one person in the middle of a public shopping mall only dealing with broadband and TV packages.

One more attempt on line provided a contact with an on-line agent, so I asked to be put in contact with a UK customer service person. She gave me an email address theteam@virginmedia.com who would be able to process my order. My email was returned -  "we no longer use this address".

Please advise how I can upgrade my phone complete with a new micro sim containing my current tarif details and using the £10 reward in my account. Please don't ask me to phone the sales team unless you can guarantee a named person who has the authority to conduct such a sale.

Look forward to hearing your reply.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading my mobile phone

Hi BillyJeanW

The sales team are the only people that can change you from a PAYG to a pay monthly account.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
BillyJeanW
Settling in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought I stated quite clearly that I wished to upgrade my phone not tarif, please take time to read my post carefully and answer my concerns.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BillyJeanW

If you want to purchase a new handset or "upgrade " it. Its still sales.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
BillyJeanW
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You still have not answered or acknowledged that the website does not work. The sales team I spoke to did not have the authority to access my account in order to apply my £10 reward. It appears I may have to purchase a new phone with another supplier, how do I go about getting a micro sim from Virgin Mobile for it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BillyJeanW,

If you wanted a Micro Sim from us, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll be more than happy to provide you with one Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos