Menu
Mapman36
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading dual SIM cards UK and Australia

Hi There,

I have a dual SIM capable mobile that I use when in Australia and the UK/Europe. I have a current Virgin PAYG account in both UK and Australia since I travel between them. I have standard SIMS in my 'old' phone, my new dual sim phone will require Nano SIMs. I am currently in Australia, I can easily go into an Australia Virgin store and have my standard card changed over to a Nano. Just wondering since I might be in Europe again later this year can I have Virgin UK send me out a SIM that I then somehow activate from Australia? or would it have to go to my UK address, then be forwarded to me here (and I can hopefully activate from Australia?)  so it will be ready for upcoming trip to Europe? I'm sure this is quite a common scenario but I can't seem to find a post that answers all. Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading dual SIM cards UK and Australia

Hi Mapman36

Welcome to the Community, the SIM would be sent to the address that the account has been registered with, we wouldn't be able to post it to an alternate address unfortunately. 

You wouldn't be able to activate it while abroad unfortunately as you'd need roaming active, which is off by default, you'd need to be in the UK to do that. 

Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for but hopefully you've found this helpful. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mapman36
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading dual SIM cards UK and Australia

Hi Craig,

Many thanks for you helpful comments, I eventually called Virgin UK help in frustration since the online chat facility seems permanently busy. They echo your info and I have arranged for my replacement card to be sent to my UK address and then (family) will forward to me here in Australia.

However Virgin assistance contrary to your advice assured me (twice) that I would indeed be able to activate my new SIM from Australia. I do hope they are correct!

My current UK sim works fine out here for calls/texts in and out so I'm not at all sure what the case will be when I actually receive my card and attempt to activate without being in the UK at the time. I guess I'll call them again and find out :-)

Cheers,

Mapman36

0 Kudos