Menu
Hadyn18
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to iPhone 7, no phone...

Hi, I received a phone call last week and was told that I was elegible for an early upgrade. I said I would like an iPhone 7 and everything was fine. I received the 3 emails and completed all 3. The woman on the phone said I would receive a pack to put my phone in and send it off to pay off the remaining amount, she then said I should wait until my new phone comes before sending this off, Is this correct? Because I've had the pack for 4 days now and no sign of the phone. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to iPhone 7, no phone...

You seem to be unaware that there is a world wide shortage of iPhones, I spoke to Apple on Friday and they still have a three week waiting list, so Virgin won't get priority I'd expect at least a two or three week wait
0 Kudos
Hadyn18
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Actually I am aware of that thanks, and that's not the issue. The issue is that I have 14 days to send off my phone which is now 10 days. I'm not willing to send my phone off and not have a phone for 2-3 weeks  and if I dont send my phone off within that time then my contract is cancelled. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You will need to call them and discuss it, to be honest the cheapest way to get an iPhone 7 is the buy it at zero percent from an Apple Store. Online does not offer it, then it's about £38 over 18 months sim free so your not stuck, then buy a sim only deal that best fits your needs, look at both EE and BT as well as Virgin, get the best price for what you need, no dealing with Virgin and their error ridden repair process, Apple if it's a faulty phone from the store exchange it there and then no issues
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hadyn18,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. Apologies that there has been a delay in the delivery of your iPhone 7 order, as others have advised, this is due to low stock and high demand. 

I'm not able to access your account via your Forum details, sorry. Give us a call on Freephone number: 0800 052 0238 so that our Mobile Team can check on both your order and provide more information about your return equipment for the early upgrade.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos