Menu
Kbrown88
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

I've had my sim only contract for a year. I was told that it would tell me on my account when I could upgrade after 12 months but this hasn't happened? How do I upgrade to a full contract?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade

Hi Kbrown88,

the agreements Virgin setup are called "freestyle" which are basically two separate agreements. One for the handset and the other for the airtime (mins, texts and data) the same as your current SIM only plan.

The handset agreement is an interest free loan or credit agreement that is taken out over the period. As the agreement is a loan agreement then a credit check would have to be ran in line with the FCA guidelines.

Whilst your past 12 months history with Virgin may reflect well on your credit score. It is an external credit file that would decide if you could pass for this loan or not.

You would be best to give the Virgin team on 789 from your mobile to discuss options available to you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade

Hi Kbrown88,

the agreements Virgin setup are called "freestyle" which are basically two separate agreements. One for the handset and the other for the airtime (mins, texts and data) the same as your current SIM only plan.

The handset agreement is an interest free loan or credit agreement that is taken out over the period. As the agreement is a loan agreement then a credit check would have to be ran in line with the FCA guidelines.

Whilst your past 12 months history with Virgin may reflect well on your credit score. It is an external credit file that would decide if you could pass for this loan or not.

You would be best to give the Virgin team on 789 from your mobile to discuss options available to you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.