Menu
Harry1960
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

Good morning,I would like to know why there is a problem with an upgrade that is due to me. I have phoned several times in the past couple of months but every time I get to last hurdle for the upgrade I get refused. I am a bit confused as to why this is happening because I have been a Virgin mobile user for quite a while now an d have never defaulted on a payment. I don't know that if my moving to a new home in the last 5 months has anything to do with it,but I am coming to the end of my contract with Virgin and I don't want to be without a phone or change to another provider come to that. 

Kind regards

martin Harrington

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade

Hi Harry1960

Sorry to hear that your having problems with the upgrade. Did virgin explain why they "refused" or was it a credit check fail??

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Harry1960
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was a credit check fail

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harry1960

Thank you for getting back to me

So Virgin's contracts are on what is called the "freestyle " agreements. What this means is that you take out a credit agreement or interest free loan if you like for the cost of phone .

So this is a possibility of what you failed on.

Virgin offer an underwriting team that you can write to . They would tell you for the reason of the decline.

They would only be contact able via letter so if you want the details then by all means let me know Smiley Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Harry1960 wrote:

It was a credit check fail

Check your stored payment card to see if it's expired. If so, replace it with a working card and try again.

Please let us know how you get on.

0 Kudos