Menu
BridieSimpson
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

If I wanted to upgrade my phone, doesn't need upgrading until October, could I pay the phone off and keep the same tariff or do I have to pay the whole thing off? If I was to upgrade if keep the same tariff.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
R8sm8sl8
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade

Hi BridieSimpson,

I am sure someone will swiftly correct me if I am wrong here...!

I am of the impression that if you are on the 'Standard' (Old type) Tariff, the Phone contract and Tariff contract are inseparable. Therefore, if you pay off the Phone contract, you effectively end the Tariff as well.
If however, you are on the newer 'Freestyle' Tariff, the 'Phone Contract' and 'Tariff Contract' are separate, so you can indeed pay off the outstanding amount for your current Phone and upgrade to a new Phone on a new Freestyle contract, whilst retaining the same Tariff .
It is also worth noting that you cannot mix the 'Freestyle' deal with a 'Standard' deal.

I hope that makes some sense.
0 Kudos
BridieSimpson
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I find out what mine is?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi BridieSimpson,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

You can find out what contact your in by logging in to your online account here. You should see your contract details on the first page you see after logging in.

If you're still not sure, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll be happy to help. The regular contracts will require a full payment of the remaining fee before it can be upgraded.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos