Menu
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade time

I got a jolly text from Virgin in that false matey way that they do so well, telling me that I was nearing the end of my contract and that they would be giving me a call soon.

Anyway.......I had already decided to go for a cheapo Chinese mobile and a Virgin SIM card, so when I got a phone call talking about my next deal with Virgin I told the Asian lady what I had decided. She then went straight into sales mode and I ended up ordering a SIM only deal, I did ask whether the number would remain the same, but she was speaking very fast and in broken English and then she read out the terms and conditions etc. etc. and we agreed before she handed me over to another difficult to understand lady who ran through it all again confirming the order.

After a day or two I got notice of my next Bill, the following day I got notification of the new SIM Bill with a different number, so I called Virgin immediately.

After navigating the bleeding options, I ended up telling the nice young man what had happened......to cut it short......he told me I wasn't entitled to change my contract yet.......unless it was an upgrade phone.....and that the lady shouldn't have sold me the SIM deal. That I should apply for the SIM in November  asking to remain on the same number, and when the new SIM arrived rip it up and ignore it.

Wouldn't it be easier to train he first young lady to a higher understanding of the way the system works......and save my time on the bloody phone sorting out the tangle ?

I feel much better now..........thanks for listening.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade time

Hi Bruv,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy 

I'm incredibly sorry for any confusion caused on our part regarding this. It's not something that we want to happen.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask them. I'd be more than happy to help.

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So....should I worry about the letter confirmation today concerning the Direct Debit set up for the SIM card on a different account that I don't want until November ?

Will the nice phone guy I spoke to have canceled the account and this is just snail mail delay ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Bruv Smiley Happy

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you just to double check.

Can you PM me your mobile number, full name and 3 characters of your account password so I can check this out?

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos