Menu
Train
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade or no upgrade, that is the question

I called 789 yesterday to check how long was left on my phone contract as I was thinking of changing provider for a better deal. As if the phone had read my mind it told me that I was due an upgrade, yay! Couldn't speak to anyone last night as they were closed but spent an exciting night looking at a new phone with a fairly high tarrif as well as a shiny new tablet to go with it. Rang them this morning and was told sorry, no upgrade glitch with the system. I'm now in my tenth or so year with virgin having TV, mobile and phone package but feel constantly let down by mistakes and "glitches". I'm sorry but this is precisely the reason why I was looking around in the first place, there's absolutely no incentive to keep existing customers. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
0 Kudos
Train
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade or no upgrade, that is the question

Does anybody from virgin actually read these?!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What is the actual question?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Train,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear a system glitch led you to believe your phone was due for upgrade. This is definitely not something I like to hear.

Do you know when you're due for an upgrade? You can log in to your online here and it'll say. You can upgrade if you enter the last 30 days of your contract or if you pay the contract in full.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos