Menu
MikeLH
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade not allowed if changing number

Rang two days ago and asked for an upgrade.

I am not a big user but had a contract and a pay as you go phone.

The contract phone is breaking.

Asked for an upgrade to include a phone and stated that I did not wish to keep my number.

The phone finally arrived but was the wrong colour, endless problems but finally got sorted and rang to ask why the original contract phone was still on the account.

Was told that I would need to give 30 days notice for that phone as I had changed the number, end of the month is tomorrow.

It is only a few quid but made me really angry so told them they could have the expense of the new phone back.

Started to get a list of the things I needed to do, like they were going to make it as hard as was possible, then the foreign gentleman got all excited because the phone was sent the wrong colour and he started talking to me in a completely incomprehensible way.

Was he right to say it could not be an upgrade if I changed the number?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade not allowed if changing number

Upgrades usually have the same number. What they have done is sold you a new contract and not an upgrade (someone gets commission)

Too late now but it would have been easier to keep the same number and then request a number change about a month in.

Virgin don't do complicated.

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Upgrades usually have the same number. What they have done is sold you a new contract and not an upgrade (someone gets commission)

Too late now but it would have been easier to keep the same number and then request a number change about a month in.

Virgin don't do complicated.

0 Kudos
MikeLH
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering.

Well they should have told me that then, I would have given notice and waited a few weeks.

It used to be that keeping your number caused the complications.

The solution is easier I send the new one back, Virgin lose out and all for a few quid but I am so annoyed I want to make a point. Will be them that end out vastly out of pocket because I intend now to take all mobiles to a new company and have given notice.

0 Kudos