Menu
mbmb11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade nonsensical

I have had my Sim only for about 8 months and after speaking to the sales team 2 months ago was told my credit level had been upgraded and i could now upgrade to a phone. However upon applying for any kind of handset i am told ive been rejected. What on earth is the point of having a credit level, and even worse, what is the point of telling people they can upgrade, when in actuality they cant at all. Really weird, and really disappointing, anyone have any ideas or experience of this?

0 Kudos
Anne01
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade nonsensical

Oh yes there are quite a lot of us out here in very similar situations. Search credit score, mobile upgrade and underwriters.

you are not alone 😒

0 Kudos
mbmb11
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Anne, its crazy!!!

0 Kudos
mbmb11
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What confuses me the most, is that upon joining the sim only i was told, make 6 months payments then you can upgrade. After 7 months got a call to say my credit level had been upgraded to a Level 2, so i can upgrade. When applying to upgrade, they said they will be running an external credit check - if this is the case what on earth is the point of them having their own internal credit levels???? And telling people they can upgrade after 6 months of perfect payment is in fact a lie!!!

0 Kudos