Menu
Ghar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade issues

When I sign into my online virgin mobile account it shows I am out of contract so can upgrade, I am happy with my handset so after checking with the online chat I received advise how to order a sim only, after several attempts at this and opting to link to my current mobile number I get the 'oops something went wrong' message, I then try to call and eventually get to what I would like after a long wait and tricky security verification process, am then told the same process will cost £78 and there is a two month wait??

Most confused and annoyed at going to and fro with advice and processes.

seems it might be easier to just leave and get a new sim only deal?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade issues

Hi Ghar,

Welcome into the Community,it's good to see a new face Smiley Happy

SIM only deals are a great way to keep the costs low while maintaining a great service. I would like to ask that when calling in, are you speaking to a person or going through an automated service?

I hope this is sorted for you soon and get back to me.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Ghar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

have tried speaking to a person 3 times, no luck in getting this changed, online account says out of contract but when speak to someone they say I am not out of contract and have to pay 2 months to leave,
which is it
extremely misleading and also frustrating
I now want to leave virgin mobile, how do I do that?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ghar,

Cheers for the reply, I hope this isn't turning into too much bother, help is at hand Smiley Happy

I'd love to help and with the right information, I should be able to try and set this up from here. If you have your Tariff in mind, I can get this looked at by our team Smiley Happy

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos