Menu
backpacksloth67
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade error message

Hi,

I've been attempting to upgrade my current phone & tariff but keep getting this rather annoying message:

oh virgin media.png

I've tried calling 789 and ordering a new phone that way but the person on the other end had the same problem. I was put on hold whilst it was supposedly being sorted and the call was cut off.

Any help with this annoyance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade error message

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I deeply apologise for the error message when trying to upgrade online. I appreciate it's annoying for you because it's designed to make things easier.

It appears the person on the phone had this raised up to the IT department when you called as there was something blocking it from progressing. I'm sorry you were cut off too, I'm sure this wasn't intentional.

Can you please retry for me?

Are you now able to upgrade?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
backpacksloth67
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

I tried ordering online earlier and got further than ever but fell at the final hurdle. Despite putting my debit card name in correctly (and all other card details), the process refused to accept it. I've tried different variations. No luck. It doesn't seem to be human error but I'm losing patience.

I'm going to try calling again.

Thanks,
Charlie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Charlie.

It's a good sign to hear you've gotten further than before but still disappointed it's not taking you all the way. If I'm honest, I have no idea why that is happening.

Please keep me updated following the call as I'm interested to know what the outcome is.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
backpacksloth67
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

Just got off the phone with another lovely member of staff. It seems like my order will be sorted in the next 24 to 48 hours as it has gone through a different department.

If not, I've been told to call back on Friday or Saturday.

Thanks for your attempts to help. Nothing is ever easy for me! Smiley Very Happy

Charlie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi no1male,

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear progress is being made. I appreciate you sticking with it.

Best of luck and let me know if you need anything.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
backpacksloth67
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well I've finally come to a conclusion, just not the one I wanted! Failed a credit check for whatever reason. Why I couldn't have been told that 2 weeks ago is beyond belief.

I've not missed a payment for all the time I've been with Virgin Mobile and I'm still paying a tariff on my current phone but that's just not good enough to get an upgrade.

Thanks for nothing,

Charlie

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You are in a not so exclusive club when it comes to failing Virgin's credit checks. 

You will probably find you will be accepted elsewhere.

0 Kudos