Menu
Johng64
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade credit check

Why credit check for upgrade-been customer for years and failed so no i phone but cheap Samsung instead-one very disappointed daughter

0 Kudos
paull37
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade credit check

Been there mate they done same to me,doesn't matter how long u been with them,so much for showing loyalty to your customers,but hey its ok if they want u to have all there top packages on everything else,I pay them over a 1000 a year and still they refused me,plus they know u won't get better Internet anywhere else really.it's a joke
0 Kudos
Johng64
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I got three contracts going with them i got I phone with them last year with no credit check now I get upgrade on another contract and get refused
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can subscribe to NODDLE free and get a monthly credit rating report. When you've done that and you're satisfied, you can either get onto customer services and tell them that the credit check failure is adversely affecting you and your status and good standing has been reduced in the eyes of VM's agents. This is a very serious matter under English law and you require immediate rectification of this or else lawyers will be engaged.

Something like that and/or an email to the VM CEO to get it on record.

I would do that. I would hit the roof.
Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sephiroth wrote:
You can subscribe to NODDLE free and get a monthly credit rating report...

The problem with these credit check "failures" is that they aren't appearing on a recognised credit agency record.

The so-called "failure" won't adversely affect the OP's credit rating because it won't show up on their search history. Whatever the problem is, it's internal to Virgin. There have been several posts about this in the past where Virgin's internal system has said the credit check has been failed despite a pristine credit record.

If someone does a credit check on you, that check is logged. Virgin say they are doing these checks, but the corresponding search does not appear on the Experian  This means that the checks are failing because the search isn't getting through to Experian (or whoever) properly, and the customer is assumed to be uncreditworthy by absence of a resulting credit record.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

M's
Gorf wrote:

Sephiroth wrote:
You can subscribe to NODDLE free and get a monthly credit rating report...

The problem with these credit check "failures" is that they aren't appearing on a recognised credit agency record.

The so-called "failure" won't adversely affect the OP's credit rating because it won't show up on their search history. Whatever the problem is, it's internal to Virgin. There have been several posts about this in the past where Virgin's internal system has said the credit check has been failed despite a pristine credit record.

If someone does a credit check on you, that check is logged. Virgin say they are doing these checks, but the corresponding search does not appear on the Experian  This means that the checks are failing because the search isn't getting through to Experian (or whoever) properly, and the customer is assumed to be uncreditworthy by absence of a resulting credit record.

That wasn't my point, Gorf.  The OP has no way of knowing that it's VM's fault and VM are treating the OP as if he/she was a credit risk.

That is defamatory due to VM's actions and the OP is defamed in VM's eyes.  For all you know they're laughing at "yet another risk that they've avoided in the nick of time".

See what I mean?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not really.

First off - you cannot defame someone in a private communication.

Secondly, the people I'm talking about know they have good credit. At least one of them has checked their credit record and found their to be no application for a credit score by Virgin. This means that in that particular case the organisation is either lying or incompetent, but not defamatory.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi johng64,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you were unable to get an upgrade from us.

I can see our community has been helping you out which is great.

I am currently collecting examples of customers such as yourself who have experienced this scenario. 

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to get some information off you.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos