Menu
ValMc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Updating sim card

I will be buying my husband a new phone next month.  His existing phone uses a full size sim on a monthly rolling contract.  I will need to update it to a 4G nano sim.  He obviously wants to keep the same number.  Is there anywhere on the online form for updating your existing sim contract that specifies what size sim you require as a replacement?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Updating sim card

ValMc wrote:

I will be buying my husband a new phone next month.  His existing phone uses a full size sim on a monthly rolling contract.  I will need to update it to a 4G nano sim.  He obviously wants to keep the same number.  Is there anywhere on the online form for updating your existing sim contract that specifies what size sim you require as a replacement?

Hi ValMc,

if your husband is already on one of Virgin's 4G tariffs. The SIM which he will have will be one of the "multi-cut" type.

He will simply need to pop the Nano size bit out of his SIM.

If he is presently on an older 3G tariff and moves to one of the new 4G tariffs, a new (3 in 1 multi-cut) SIM will be sent to him automatically as part of the upgrade.

Otherwise if he is happy with his present tariff and just requires a new SIM, give the Team a call (free on 789 from a Virgin mobile). There is no online form.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
ValMc
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Updating sim card

So if I update his package on line he will automatically be sent a 3 in 1 SIM card?  Will that SIM card still retain his present number?

0 Kudos