Menu
Bazza1952
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

UpUpgrade not as it seems

Just joined here so I could perhaps get some idea as to if anyone else has had the irritating situation whereby they receive in the post a leaflet saying good news you can upgrade early at no cost, calling it an UpUpgrade! BUT trying to see if this actually was the case fell flat. Nowhere including small print does it say OK early upgrade BUT you must pay off current contract! Bit of a shocker, why send stuff saying upgrade early at no cost when in fact its going to cost, in my case 11 months to run on contract, £118 to clear!!! Very confused, very irate. Anyone else had similar?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: UpUpgrade not as it seems

you are being invited to upgrade earlier but must pay off the outstanding amount owed on the length of the current contract. if that is done you can enjoy the benefits of an upgrade now.

other phone companies do it. quite normal. at least you read the small print. too many on here do not.
0 Kudos

All Replies
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you are being invited to upgrade earlier but must pay off the outstanding amount owed on the length of the current contract. if that is done you can enjoy the benefits of an upgrade now.

other phone companies do it. quite normal. at least you read the small print. too many on here do not.
0 Kudos
Bazza1952
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, yes guess you are right. I would not have bothered with the whole thing if it stated plainly, albeit small print, that I had to pay off the existing loan before an upgrade. On principle its simply the wording and what would appear to anyone, an early upgrade called upupgrade with no costs. You would take that as being the case but Virgin fell down by not stating those details. My Dad used to say many moons back that this is a "call Bird" a way of getting someones attention only to find its def not as it first seems.

0 Kudos