Menu
Unhappy7
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unusable phone

Hi as any one else had to sent they phone off to have a softwear problem fixed ,but in transit the phone been damage ? This has happen to me and virgin wants me to pay £120 to fix the damage before fixing the softwear problem ,I asked virgin to make a claim from the post office ( as they payed the postage ) but was told the post office has rejected the claim ,I was also told by virgin if I have my phone fixed by anyone else I can not get the phone fixed for any softwear problem in the future unless I pay them £120 first 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusable phone

Hi unhappy7,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the damage to the phone. With regards to claiming the damage, you would need to subit the claim to the Royal Mail. This would be worth doing just to see what the outcome is. If the phone was damaged in transit, this is the only way of claiming. 

You can make this claim here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Unhappy7
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have try this but Royal Mail will not accept a claim from me as virgin payed for the postage as it was a pre-pay envelope ,virgin have said they have tried to make a claim but Royal Mail rejected the claim ,so I'm now stuck with a phone that can not be used as the damage done,effects the touch screen making the phone completely useless and I still paying £15 a month with 12 months left on the contact for a complete useless phone and after seven phone calls over four days to virgin mobile and explaining the problem every time someone answers I'm starting to lose the will to live .i will get a better response if I banged my head against a brick wall .

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Unhappy7,

Thanks for your reply. I want to look into this for you. I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps. You can view this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Unhappy7
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well I don't know who is worst ,virgin mobile or virgin media community forum team?.virgin mobile for not fixing my phone because it was damage in transit or virgin media communityforum team for telling me we will look into this and three weeks later still no reply.i know lift the carpet and brush the problem under it ,it might go away,so still got no phone ,still paying 15 pounds a month and now receive a letter that my bill is going up . I can't wait until my contacts (5 phones ) are up so I can ring up and say kiss my butt ( the polite version ) 

0 Kudos