Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (105 Views)

Unsolicited Virgin Mobile

I received an unsolicited call from Virgin mobile, I listened (with difficulty) to the agent who went on for ages about a 4G deal. I repeatedly stated that I didn't want anything changed until I'd read all the details - this will be obvious from the call recording, you will here me say this quite clearly and multiple times. Next thing, call ends and I get a text 10 minutes later saying my order is being processed - madness! So I call Virgin mobile to explain that I haven't ordered anything and please make sure that if an order exists it's cancelled. Spoke to two different people who didn't seem to have a clue (offshore call centre?), but stated there was no order on the system and could I ring back tomorrow. So I called Virgin Media The gentleman from Virginmedia I spoke to was very pleasant but could not help me "As the Virginmedia and Virgin mobile systems aren't linked" I find that astounding in this day and age.
I've now received notification that a bill has been raised and a direct debit will be taken from my account.
This must not happen as I did not request this service, and therefore Virgin mobile would be in breach of the Direct Debit rules.

Anyone else fallen a victim to this potentially fraudulent scam?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: Unsolicited Virgin Mobile

Hi Degsy007,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you have been set up with a new account without your permission. We certainly take this very seriously. Have you had confirmation that this has been sorted out for you?

If you haven't, I'd like to look into this for you. I'll need to take more information from you in order to check into this, for you, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

If you prefer to call in to speak direct to our team, please give us a call on 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Media landline-take the Mobile option) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (49 Views)

Re: Unsolicited Virgin Mobile

Hi Terri,

This has not been resolved, and to make things worse a direct debit has been taken from my account on the 16th March. This is an unauthorised direct debit, and if not reversed I will raise a complaint with the relevant authorities.

Regards

0 Kudos