Menu
Hetz-1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unlocking iPhone 6 but have no code

I need to unlock my iPhone 6 and when I rang virgin they said they cannot provide me a code as I did not buy my phone from virgin. My phone is locked to virgin but I bought my phone from eBay (brand new) and I cannot contact them to retrieve the unlock code. Is there not a way to unlock my phone or can virgin not provide another code because I've been contacting apple and their methods aren't working and that as they have failed the carrier must provide an unlock code?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unlocking iPhone 6 but have no code

Virgin are a virtual network running on the EE infrastructure, hence there is a fighting chance that the phone is actually generically locked to EE and not specifically Virgin. So I would order a free of charge EE SIM and try it in the phone, don't add any credit yet. See will the SIM activate? Can you call the EE number from another phone? (You won't be able to call from the EE number as there is no credit as yet.) If the SIM works then add £10 of credit and I would also perform a chargeable event. EG send a text using the EE SIM. Register a PAYG account on the EE website. Then fill in the EE unlock request form and see what happens. The unlock fee of £8.99 will be deducted from the remaining credit so you need to make sure that amount is available.

That said I am not sure how you just add credit and avoid having it automatically spent on a package or bundle. You'll have to research that.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetz-1,

a common problem for iPhone users and one which often crops up on this forum.

This thread may be of interest to you: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/iPhone-unlocking-when-purchased-via-carphone-wareh...

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Hetz-1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I cannot fill out the form with EE as I do not have a contract with them
0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin are a virtual network running on the EE infrastructure, hence there is a fighting chance that the phone is actually generically locked to EE and not specifically Virgin. So I would order a free of charge EE SIM and try it in the phone, don't add any credit yet. See will the SIM activate? Can you call the EE number from another phone? (You won't be able to call from the EE number as there is no credit as yet.) If the SIM works then add £10 of credit and I would also perform a chargeable event. EG send a text using the EE SIM. Register a PAYG account on the EE website. Then fill in the EE unlock request form and see what happens. The unlock fee of £8.99 will be deducted from the remaining credit so you need to make sure that amount is available.

That said I am not sure how you just add credit and avoid having it automatically spent on a package or bundle. You'll have to research that.