Menu
WillBill1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unlocking a mobile phone

This is all very complicated, I am sorry, I have had to leave Virgin as they cannot provide a constant signal where I live. I want to keep my old number, but the service provider I have changed to cannot (port) my old No. at the moment. In the hope of not loosing my old No. I thought if I transferred (Ported) it to one of these free sim cards from (3 Three) PAYG I could keep my old number till such time as this new company sorted themselves out. The phone I was going to use for my (Free Sim card) Samsung CE0168 358317/06/086313/8, it was with Virgin but it seems to be locked. Can anyone help in advising how I can unlock this phone so I can use a 3 Three sim card which will allow me to transfer my old number.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unlocking a mobile phone

Hi WillBill1,

just call Virgin Mobile customer services on 0345 6000 789.

Once you have established whether they are able and if there is a charge.

You will then know whether you need to look elsewhere for an unlock code Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi WillBill1,

if you are still a virgin Mobile customer, give customer services a call (free) on 789 from your Virgin mobile.

0345 6000 789 from any other phone (standard rate call or included in any minutes) to request an unlock.

There was a fee of £15.32 for this service but recently the fee has been waived:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone/Unlocking-device/m-p/3150695#M81666

If you are no longer a customer you may have to pay (I don't know, in which case it might even be cheaper for you to look elsewhere, eBay, local mobile phone shop/repairers).

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
WillBill1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks.

No I'm not a customer anymore, as I said we agreed to part ways as they could not provide a constant connection where I live. I not sure who to ask in Virgin if they will unlock it for me and if they will do it for free, as they suggested I went to another service provider after  weeks of trying to improve the signal, but failed. you would think they would want to help, Any body any ideas on "who would have the authority to help unlock this phone, but no charge, (that's go to be the question?)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi WillBill1,

just call Virgin Mobile customer services on 0345 6000 789.

Once you have established whether they are able and if there is a charge.

You will then know whether you need to look elsewhere for an unlock code Smiley Happy

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi WillBill1

Sorry to hear you've had some issues using the three SIM in your Virgin Mobile phone.

It's a few days since you posted, have you been able to get some help with this now?

Please let us know if we can still offer some assistance.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
WillBill1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mark. I have not yet had the opportunity to speak to the Guys/Gals at Virgin yet to see if they can help, I will try in the morning and keep you posted.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi WillBill1

I'd love to help out with this.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information (purple envelope) - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos