Menu
Tt123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unlocked iPhone 5 Mobile data problem

Hi, I recently received an unlocked iPhone 5 to use with my virgin pay monthly sim card . I have no problems making/receiving calls or accessing the Internet via wifi however I cannot access the Internet via mobile data. I have a data allowance on my pay monthly contract but I am not able to access or change the mobile data settings via the Settings -> Mobile Data menu. Is there any reason I would not be able to access mobile data via an unlocked iPhone? Do I need to contact virgin to change the settings on my account? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlocked iPhone 5 Mobile data problem

Hi Tt123

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems with your data at the moment. 

In your phone settings, can you navigate to settings and try the following:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.

This should hopefully get you connected, if that's not the case then get in touch and I'll take another lookMan Happy

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

is THIS any help to you.

(I've just looked at the settings for the iPhone 5 & the Virgin link says "Unfortunately your phone does not support WAP") so maybe not so much use Smiley Sad

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
Tt123
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, thanks for your reply. I've just reset the network connections but unfortunately that's not solved the problem and I still cannot access mobile data. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tt123,

Thanks for your reply.

You may need to add the APN settings in manually.

I've provided a link here to our phone settings help page walkthrough. Select your handset model and then click on 'setup picture message' to get the settings. 

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos